Author Topic: Compromized My.avast : invalid certificates !!  (Read 3928 times)

REDACTED

Compromized My.avast : invalid certificates !!
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »
Is the myvast.com under attack ? I get now invalid certificates, broken pages in the "ME" section (just displaying "meeeeeEEEEE")

It looks like it is compromized again like it was with these forums. I also got invalid connections from the Avast application not logging in correctly, then suddenly accepting connections again.

Very strange behavior. please explain if we are compromized !!!

Note https://avast.com/ still is invalid (wrong certificate not matching with https://www.avast.com/)

Did you change something in your DNS so that the older certificates do not validate your new server ?

Please explain what's hapeening with this new portal and what errors are expected and how to solve them if there's something to do (in the browser AND in the Avast application).

Other werird errors occuring, now the Avast application on Windows has inactivated some agents (I don't know which one, I had to reactivate it).

It looks like your servers are under attack again, and data is corrupted.

Still the website is invalid in the "My.avast.com > ME section"
on https://my.avast.com/fr-fr/tab?a&auid=(hidden)#me
I have hidden the value of the auid parameter if it is sensitive.

Another problem with
https://my.avast.com/fr-fr/tab?a&auid=(hidden)#facebook
(I get "server error 100")

Once again I get new HTTPS errors with another invalid certificate !!! Hmmmm... And the application now says I'm not connected and says I have an invalid licence !!!

We want some official communication from Avast, not from external moderators or evangelists (despite their good faith). If not everybody is affected, my be this depends on country and localizations (we are probably not all served by the same sets of servers and there could be some weirf proxies in Avast's international network.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:16:06 PM by verdy_p »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Compromized My.avast : invalid certificates !!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
No problems at all for me, but I heard they where doing some maintenance/upgrades on servers.
Try again later I would say and after removing all your temporary files.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:10:59 PM »
OK but the notice at top of the forum did not speak about the existing my.avast.com site, but the NEW version in beta-test.
The normal My.avast.com should continue working.
Visibly Avast is playing with certificates, and has created new ones that do not validate with all its old and new servers.

Both the website and the application are affected by weird errors. And these are not beta-tests of the future new portal

Note, Eddy, I don't know who you are and I cannot check your real status, the server says I cannot display your public profile. It's possible that you are one of the attackers connected on the forum and impersonating someone.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:18:16 PM by verdy_p »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »
Note, Eddy, I don't know who you are and I cannot check your real status, the server says I cannot display your public profile. It's possible that you are one of the attackers connected on the forum and impersonating someone.
There are no impersonators here, you are the newbie... do we trust you :-\ ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 09:45:14 PM »
You need a certain amount of posts to be able to see my status.

When in doubt, start reading my posts from back jan. 2004 ;)

Or click the blue link underneath to visit my site to get a clue if I am serious or not.
It is not yet finished, but I believe it will give you a clue.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:47:38 PM by Eddy »