Author Topic: Avast exoiring  (Read 4750 times)

REDACTED

Avast exoiring
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:25 PM »
I have Avast free and I keep getting these notifications that in 3 days my subscription will expire. I have always had the Avast free.Why am I getting these?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast exoiring
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
Because the free license is only valid for one year.
You must either renew it or get a new one.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:14:07 PM »
You got there first Eddy ;D

Avast free requires re-registering every 12 months.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »
Sometimes I am fast, but only sometimes  ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:43:25 PM »
The only option is to buy Avast. Guess I'll have to download it again. Thanks to all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
No, you don't have to buy avast if you do not want to.
Just renew the current free license or get a new one as I said.

avastUI > Maintenance > Registration

or

http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB9#articleContent
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:53:05 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
The only option...

Avast is known for making Big Shiny Buttons for the things they'd like you to do.  Read the whole screen, and look for links that are smaller/dimmer than the biggest, shiniest choice.

-Noel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
The only option...

Avast is known for making Big Shiny Buttons for the things they'd like you to do.  Read the whole screen, and look for links that are smaller/dimmer than the biggest, shiniest choice.

-Noel
Your irony is not welcome in all situations. You're starting to bother me (and I'm sure a lot of other users) with it. If you won't help, please, don't jump in every thread to say your personal bitter opinion of all avast! movements. You have the freedom to dislike, but if you're not comfortable, please, move on. Keep forum atmosphere of helpfulness and friendship. Believe me, it's not only me who is bothered. No improvement can be achieved with this kind of criticism and new users won't understand why we are here (a lot of us, for a lot of years, for free).
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »
You're upset that I've advised another user duped by your shady practices to be more informed when making choices on your panels?

Tech, you're with Avast, right?  You get a paycheck indirectly as a result of these aggressively misleading product behaviors, right?

Listen carefully: 

You are the ones who have created a product that acts more like a used car salesman than a friend.  You reap what you sow.  Trust has to be earned, and you're doing the opposite.

Perhaps instead of shooting the messenger for pointing out the truth you should consider dialing the aggressive product behavior back.  Much as I'd like to see you continue to succeed (I've been a proponent of Avast for a LONG time), no one thinks it's good to act like the way you do.  People would prefer to trust their security partner implicitly.

Or you could continue to try to chase away anyone who feels your product should be on the up and up and see where that leads you.

I think I will move on.  Until next time, farewell.

-Noel

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »
NoelC,

please take it elsewhere.
Not in a thread where we are trying to help people.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 09:37:26 AM »
Thank you Tech and Eddy!!!  ;D

@ marydee,

Do you understand now that all you need to do is renew or download the Free version again (it may depend on what version you are currently running as to what you want to do) > register it > and they will email you a license that is good for 1 year.  You do NOT have to buy anything.

Let us know if you have any further questions.  Thank you.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »
Tech, you're with Avast, right?  You get a paycheck indirectly as a result of these aggressively misleading product behaviors, right?
Look, I've stayed here 9 years for free. I have given avast! Community much more than you, for free.
I've helped tons of user for free. I've translated avast! Products to the major avast! Community around the world (Brazil).
If now I'm from avast! team is not because my contribution get the colors of yours.
If you're not comfortable with Freemium model of business, please, move on to a paid product.
There is no misleading behavior at all.

I think I will move on.  Until next time, farewell.
:)
The best things in life are free.