Author Topic: Grimefighter - new user - very upset!  (Read 15905 times)

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter - new user - very upset!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
I bought 3 grimefighter licences yesterday and have tried to run it on 3 laptops and it will not run on any of them!

I get the message 'looks like a captive portal' then it says unable to connect'

I checked windows firewall but it is not in the list of programs.

Wish I had never bought it.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
I bought 3 grimefighter licences yesterday and have tried to run it on 3 laptops and it will not run on any of them!

I get the message 'looks like a captive portal' then it says unable to connect'

I checked windows firewall but it is not in the list of programs.

Wish I had never bought it.

If Grimefighter is not working, You can Submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 07:22:28 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 03:51:09 PM »
This makes me glad I got my refund. GrimeFighter is giving a lot of trouble to a lot of customers.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
I too hate Grimefighter, please don't use it just get rid of it. I have a ticket on it  andit has been almost 48 hours of  My first call the guy laughed and said I had to take my almost new computer to a shop to be fixed. Nothing about summiting a ticket. Next call I was told to do a ticket. Still waiting. I only see one thing when I turn my computer on and it is 4 fake doctors that say they have run into an error sedating MY computer oh and a dog laying there then it goes to one cartoon person with a dog and ball. So my computer is not bad because I can get to web pages by clicking on a ball it has, it just want work to remember anything . I want control of my computer not locked up with grimefighter. I thought Avast was he cream of the crop and I was much better off using the free ones. We will see if they really will help me in a few moore hours :'( :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »
furrball,
Tried that. Couldn't get in.
You don't have to login, you just have to submit a ticket.

hoppersjj,
I have a ticket on it  andit has been almost 48 hours of  My first call the guy laughed and said I had to take my almost new computer to a shop to be fixed.
That is not avast but a third party support company as has been explained many times. If you have submitted a ticket, you will need to have patience. All tickets are handled by real people, not robots. It is a FiFo system.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:24 AM »
What s good about summiting a ticket it has NOT helped me yet hoppersjj@yahoo.com Took over and sedated my computer and I was not even suppose to have nothing but Avast and now can't get to desktop, charms, tools or anywhere to delete Avast and I suppose Grimefighter that has my other computer sedated. Use at your own risk.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 11:29:27 AM »
one more angry user of GrimeFigter: I installed GrimeFigter on Sunday June 30th 2015, since there I can´t work anymore on my Desktop with Win 7 !! No Internet, no devices, no chance to de-install avast, no chance to de-aktivate the Avast-Task in the Task-Manager. A lot of tickets to Avast, but they don´t care about my problem. What the hell ist this ?!?!?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »
wlffjc,
no chance to de-aktivate the Avast-Task in the Task-Manager
Ofcourse you can't. avast defends itself. If you could easily disable avast so could malware.
A lot of tickets to Avast, but they don´t care about my problem.
It is not even 1(!) day after you have submitted the first ticket. You just have to be patience. It is a FiFo system and that means each time you submit a ticket or change a existing one you will be put back to the bottom of the stack.

hoppersjj,
If you have the choice between Windows and GrimeFighter when booting the system, choose GrimeFighter and have it undo the changes it made.

If you don't have the choice and want help:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Scroll down to "If you cannot  Boot the computer"

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:49 PM »
choose GrimeFighter and have it undo the changes it made.
... which, as previously reported in this thread, does not work.

When is Avast going to discontinue this extremely unpopular 'Grimefighter' product?
Its only success is to cause extreme frustration for customers of other Avast products.

We don't need a ticket to submit this, "shame on you."

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
Slowly, but surely it is getting better.
It is not going fast, but it is getting forward.

Well, you do have to submit a ticket if you want your money back.

Although many users have problems with it, don't forget the majority doesn't.
In general people post if they have a problem, not if everything is working fine.

In my opinion it doesn't have to be discontinued because it has a lot of potential.
I do believe that avast released it way to early to the public.
But as it often goes with commercial companies...
They buy something/do a take-over and that is costing (a lot of) money.
So the CEO's and such say "Go sell it, we need to make money in order to get our investment back a.s.a.p. and start making a profit with it."

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 08:07:45 AM »
When is Avast going to discontinue this extremely unpopular 'Grimefighter' product?
Its only success is to cause extreme frustration for customers of other Avast products.
See: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=172405.msg1224373#msg1224373
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »

Hi there,

I too am an Avast Internet user who installed the GrimeFighter software this week, after running a scan for performance issues GrimeFighter apparently found 18 (none of which are listed), but I took the chance to run and reboot all the same.

On reboot the system disconnects from the internet. It won't restart without disconnecting from my broadband.

On restart, GrimeFighter won't run without an internet connection..... and I am not able to connect to my broadband without reaching my home screen after a restart............

So.... tell me Avast.... how do you suggest I run GrimeFighter???

Very confused and pretty darn annoyed.