Author Topic: Avast Alarms After Windows Finishes Loading..  (Read 2030 times)

Thundering6

Avast Alarms After Windows Finishes Loading..
« on: July 28, 2005, 06:14:19 PM »
Well after a exhaustive search and looking around some I can not seem to find a answer to what ails my friends system.I am a newbie here so forgive me if this has been covered here and I didn't get the correct keywords to find this in a search.

At any rate here goes and bear with me some...
I had been reccommend this software by a friend of mine who swears by this and after a install on my own machine and ridding myself of all Norton products I must say I was impressed.Finding a couple of viruses which had gotten past my up to date Norton ISP 2004 convinced me this was some kind of program.I reccommended to a couple of friends of mine this software and all have switched and love it,except one.

The one has a issue which I tried to look up here and can not seem to find what to do to help her.Anyway,when she removed the Norton and loaded the Avast into her system her system has developed a problem.After her Windows 98 loads and the program icons show on the main screen anytime she clicks to enter ANY program her Avast then goes off and shows a virus and the removal screen.When the box asking what to do with the virus pops up she can not click on what to do with it as her system freezes and locks down.This is a new one on me and has me lost.I will now run the Avast Anti-Virus Cleaner Tool over to her and see if there is a way for me to back door my way into safe mode.Any ideas as she can not even get into the add/remove programs area to even remove the Avast and start over?.I will check after I get back from across town to see if anyone here has an idea for this and thanks for all the help.........Andy

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast Alarms After Windows Finishes Loading..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »
I think it's the problem due to wrong Norton removal. look here for instructions. http://spyros.atspace.com/uninstall.html