Author Topic: Grime Fighter  (Read 1974 times)

REDACTED

Grime Fighter
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »
Just bought Grimefighter.  Try to run it and it asks me to re-start my computer to start grimefighter.  When the computer restarts, Grimefighter says it needs the internet, but the only way I can connect after restart is to go to my desktop (my computer does not connect automatically), and I cannot get to desktop without closing grimefighter and rebooting.  Any help?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Grime Fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »
I have exactly the same problem. How can you connect to the internet before Windows starts? Something is wrong with the program Grime Fighter. Can someone shed some more light please?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
GrimeFighter is using it's own OS (linux based iirc).
You need to have a cable connection to the modem/router as well as a constant internet connection,
wifi (and as far as I know, dial up) will not work.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »
Ok thanks, but then I have a question to Avast who advertised the program. Why was this not mentioned as a warning before one buys the program? I am very unhappy at this stage because most people can only connect to the internet after you have started Windows in any case.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
As I said, GrimeFighter has it's own OS.
It has nothing to do with your installation of windows.

Under normal conditions you only can connect to the internet because drivers for the networkcard/modem/usb need to be loaded.