Author Topic: SDFE-ZhugeLiang-4784  (Read 15004 times)

jefvhal

Re: SDFE-ZhugeLiang-4784
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 07:53:36 PM »
I've de-installed and downloaded a new version and it seems to be fine now...
No errors or worms for now.

galaiko

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 09:34:35 PM »
I have same problem.... Scan all system, reinstal avast? but not result. Pleas HELP!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 11:53:31 PM »
I have same problem.... Scan all system, reinstal avast? but not result. Pleas HELP!!!
Are you installing the last setup.exe version?

To Vlk, why is this happening in just few installations?
The best things in life are free.

Kam

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 02:56:12 AM »
I'm getting the same thing.....for a couple of days now.  Full scan shows nothing, cleaned out cookies, temp files, history....nothing works!  Sent numerous virus reports to AVAST....no reply!  How do I get rid of this?

CharleyO

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 04:07:26 AM »

Well, it is not just the Home version because I have the latest Home version & virus database without getting this alert. Maybe some of this is because of older versions running with newer virus database?    ???  (if that is possible) 

EOEowner

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »
Okay, this is something that the avast guys need to know about.

I am using avast as a trial to work out if I want to buy the professional version. At the moment, I'm gonna need a lot of convincing.

It seems that the problem is that when downloading an image, avast is sensing this SDFE-ZhugeLiang-4784 virus that may or may not exist. A full virus scan brings up nothing and it doesn't matter how safe the site is, it happens.

Rebooting does nothing and it is happening to a lot of different people. Apparently reinstalling is just as useless.

Can we get a spokesperson from avast to say that they're looking into it? This is going to turn people away in droves if not rectifiied. It happens with the first image that is loaded on any web page accessed so it is impossible to use the net.

franciozzy

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »
Hi there.

I'm having the same problem. Some web JPGs seems to be infected, some attachments seems to be infected and even some ".js" (javascript) files seems to be infected.

I don't believe the same virus can infect such different types of files, so I'm guessing it's the antivirus.

The fun about it is that I have 4 computers in my home running the same Avast! Home Edition, with the same virus database, and this problem is only happening in one of these.

Hope to get an answer soon, as I had to disable my antivirus for now.

Burbs

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »
well... after a days rest or so with avast turned off all systems are go!
Well done to the avast team, out of all of the anti virus solutions around this is definatly the safest and simplest to use.
Chears guys hope it all clears up for you,
B

galaiko

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »
Hi!!! The problem solved itself. I didn't do anything, after yesterday. I hope the problem doesn't repeat in the future:) :) :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 12:55:32 AM »
Hmm, seems like the latest virus definitions update somehow "fixed" the problem - but we still don't know what exactly might've been causing it... :-[

Edit: if anyone else experiences the problem, please do the following: go to the properties of the WebShield provider in avast, and uncheck the "Intelligent Stream Scan" option. Would that make any difference?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:03:55 AM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Cadoc

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 01:38:25 AM »
Quote: "Edit: if anyone else experiences the problem, please do the following: go to the properties of the WebShield provider in avast, and uncheck the "Intelligent Stream Scan" option. Would that make any difference?"

I've just tried unchecking 'Intelligent Stream Scan' and it hasn't made a difference.

Today is the first time I've experienced the problem.

I'm using Home edition on Win XP.

If you have anything else you'd like me to try, let me know.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
So, rebooting the computer doesn't help?

Brew

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 02:51:17 PM »
experienced the same problem except it was every second link on the terminal server. I removed avast and rebooted and downloaded the new version and hopefully things are fixed. Anyone else getting the same problem after re-installing on 2k3 Terminal Server?