Author Topic: Problem with Adobe CS3 Vanished after instlling Avast  (Read 2758 times)

REDACTED

Problem with Adobe CS3 Vanished after instlling Avast
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

I installed Avast and it ran its cleaning routine.  Great!  Then I went to launch photoshop and to my surprise I am getting error messages.

I then tried dreamweaver and same thing.  it states missing files.

This morning they have vanished.

What happened here.  Why did this happen.  I have been using this since 2012.

Thanks for any help,

George

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Problem with Adobe CS3 Vanished after instlling Avast
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
And what do you find in avast virus chest ...... anything?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
Avast the anti-malware scanner or do you mean the browser cleanup util, or Grimefighter?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:38:06 PM »
I really don't know.  I installed avast and let it do its thing and now the entire software CS3 Adobe doesn't work.  Why???

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »
What Avast product and what version of Avast were you installing?  This was a fresh regular install (not custom install)?  What is your OS?

Did you reboot after the install of Avast?

What is the "cleaning routine" you referred to in your first post?  Exactly what did you do?

What was the previous AV you had on this machine and how did you uninstall it?  What other security software do you have or had?

Do you make back ups on your machine?  If not, you may want to consider doing it, esp. if these software are important to you.  Also make sure your other software is up to date, and things like flash to use their uninstaller tool to uninstall older versions prior to installing the new version; don't do an auto-update (you can have it remind you to update).

Have you tried an Avast Repair yet?

What is your firewall (FW) and is it blocking any of the software you mentioned that isn't working?

We still need your answers that Pondus and Eddy asked you in the thread, as well as the ones I asked.  Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
Same thing happened to me. My Photoshop program not only disappeared but the Photoshop file on my HD vanished as well