Author Topic: Premier 9.0.2021  (Read 1674 times)

Offline SoxBrainTrust

Premier 9.0.2021
« on: August 10, 2014, 01:57:28 AM »
I have Premier that I purchased for 2 laptops at home.  I test AV products on a regular basis as an IT Manager for a Jewelery Chain.  At work we were near the end of a 1 yr trial of Webroot.  I am open minded and have years of experience with many AV Products.  I want to say I love Avast as a product and protector.  My only complaint is the support.  There is lots of reliance on the forum where we are now which is fine for the free product but paid customers are accustomed to more.  I recently has a small issue with Avast on my 2 laptops at home, the Outlook Plugin would crash on load every time after I upgraded from Office 2010 to 2013.  I opened a ticket and the first thing I noticed was the slow responses via email.  the next thing we tried the repair and the re-install of Avast.  The next phase was log collection.  After all this, i was told I would have to uninstall Office and reinstall a fresh copy because I has simply let Office upgrade from 2010 installed (this is the Microsoft Recommendation) and reinstall Office Fresh.  This wouldn't be a big task on 2 machines but I know enough about software to know this is not something that you can ask, do simply have to fix your software.  I still don't run the plugin and I told support based on this experience i would not renew my subscription with Avast and furthermore we were considering Avast for 200 seats at work and that i could not go with Avast because these 200 stations all has Office 2014 deployed in the same manner, what did I get?  They left the ticket until it was flagged as non responsive and closed the ticket seemingly not caring at all that I was a paid customer who was unhappy and Avast was leaving money on the table that went to a competitor this may be ok in the CR but in the US this kind of Customer Service is unacceptable. I plan on sharing this post with all of the groups i am a part of because I feel customers should know and management at Avast may like to know as well.  its too bad because I am a long time fan of Avast.

Cheers
Dana

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Premier 9.0.2021
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 03:09:12 AM »
Dana, I've asking some help to the plugin/email support as I'm not an expert on it.
Thanks for your comments and I hope the email support team got a look in your case.
Sorry for the not so good first impressions.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Premier 9.0.2021
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:41:41 AM »
Just curious.
Did you remove 2010 and installed 2013 fresh ?
If so, did it solve the problem ?