Author Topic: Registration  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Registration
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:14 PM »
left side .... settings button .... updates or something .... cant see on ipad   ;)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »
I just installed the Avast FREE 2014. I believe when I was installing I clicked on Register (but did not have to input any info). Now when I click on the Avast icon lower right of screen and click on "Registration Information" I see a screen that says "You are registered." And that my expiration is 8/11/2015. Is that possible if I did not input my name or email account? I thought I had to input my name and email account in order to be registered?
And that i would get a "license number" or something like that that I would have to input somewhere.
What am I doing (or have done) wrong?
Am I registered or not? How can Avast determine when my registration expires if they don't know who I am?
P.S. I did a Quick Scan and it took 60 minutes. That is much longer than other AV Quick Scans I have run.  Why would it take 60 minutes?
Please advise.

P.S. It is so very, very hard to read the verification numbers. I had to try and try again.

Hi,

yes we are now testing this simplified "registration" without requirement to enter email address.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 10:20:14 AM »
Disabling the auto-update is not a good idea.
Your system will not be protected as it should/can be.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »
yes we are now testing this simplified "registration" without requirement to enter email address.
Thanks. Improvements on simplicity :)
But, hmmm, won't it be good to make avast! account mandatory?
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »

This would be wonderful since so many users have had problems.  I can't thank you enough!   :)