Author Topic: New License not working in Enterprise Administration Console  (Read 2767 times)

REDACTED

New License not working in Enterprise Administration Console
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
Just received a new license file from Avast, but this new license file is not working with our current instance of Avast Endpoint Protection Administration Console.  I get a "invalid license file" error.  I've uninstalled the current instance and reinstalled a fresh downloaded version (both license and admin console), but still getting the same error.  If I insert the old license file the error goes away, but we only have ~50 days remaining before the old license expires.  We really need to get this figured out right away, just in case we need to run out to every single PC on our network (clearly not the preferred method).

The license does work by inserting it on a PC (just tested), but otherwise I can't insert it into my instances of the administration console.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:09:02 PM by harropenk »

REDACTED

Re: New License not working in Enterprise Administration Console
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »
Did you happen to receive a resolution? I am having the same issue, I requested a new license, which didn't work either. Now I am told I can pay for support. This has happened 4 times in the last year.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:13:37 PM »
Does anyone monitor the forums? I've asked a couple questions and get no help.

I've had trouble with licensing and several other problems... I don't want to keep asking questions if no one monitors the forum.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
If it is a new license it can be that the start date for it hasn't been reached yet.