Author Topic: Just got Grimefighter. Not a happy customer.  (Read 4289 times)

REDACTED

Just got Grimefighter. Not a happy customer.
« on: August 12, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »
So, after Avast tells me I have grime, and offers me Grimefighter for $28, I figured I might as well try it.  First of all, I couldn't connect to my network because GF wouldn't allow me to enter my passcode.  So I hook up an ethernet cable and I think I'm in business.  It starts grime fighting, and I'm told to not worry, they're on the job.  I got to 9 Karma last night, and the green progress bar goes to about 2/5 of the way and it doesn't move.  I can move the cursor around, but it doesn't open the Advanced console or internet.  I can't even shut down GF and reboot unless I hold the power button or do a battery pull.
So, this morning I try again.  This time I get to 19 karma, but the progress bar is still only at 2/5, and voila, it stops again.

This program is absolute JUNK.  I want my money back.  I'd do better going through my own registry and removing anything, or doing a boot clean, or malware removal.  This was a complete waste of $28 and hours of my time.

But hey, Avast, let me know if I'm doing anything wrong....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Just got Grimefighter. Not a happy customer.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »
Create a ticket if you want your money back:
https://support.avast.com/

Mention your name and customer number so they can find your order.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »
I just purchased Grimefighter and on the first attempt to run it it told me it was not compatible with my system. I rang support who told me an engineer would have to fix my system for it to work. After an unimpressive performance by the support person who took control of my PC (and did a cursory event log check), I have since uninstalled avast anti virus and cancelled my licence renewal (due in 3 weeks time). Way too shoddy a product being sold (should still be a beta product) and shonky tech support made me opt out of this protection system.

I have given up on recovering the $29.95 I paid for grimefighter. The difficulty in negotiating even simple task support items like renewal cancellation being made very difficult. The clincher was the links in the renewal on the original order form all working except for the cancellation link in spite of repeated attempts and all other links functioning ! Funny about that :-) The trouble to recover the purchase price is obviously way too much from the experiences of others on this forum.

This experience has cost avast not only the many years of my re-subscription, but also my work computers will be changed to our previous anti virus supplier.

A good product ( initially) being turned to rubbish in my opinion.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »
Let me guess. You are using Windows 8(.1) ?
If so, you could have known before buying that GrimeFigther is not compatible with it by reading the system requirements.

The person you spoke to is not from avast but from a third party and they really suck.

There is no need to remove avast av if you don't like/want GrimeFighter.
They are two different products.
If a car manufacturer produces two cars and one is bad it doesn't mean the other one is bad also. ;)

Getting your money back is really easy, create a support ticket.

Automatic license renewal can very easy be canceled.
Just go to you order and remove the checkmark in front of "automatic renewal".

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
Hello polyology1,

I am really sorry to hear about this obviously very frustrating experience.  If you open a support ticket for a refund and post the ticket number here I will make sure it gets handled asap.

Regards

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:26 AM »
I had the same problem and would also like a refund. My ticket id is DWC-317-53437.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:26:45 PM »
I had the same problem and would also like a refund. My ticket id is DWC-317-53437.

Hello and welcome.
Please keep in mind, it appears to be taking 7-10 (Business) days for the process to complete.
If it takes  longer you can post back here and I'm sure Davidek (Avast Team) will trace your ticket progress. :)