Author Topic: AVAST Free always delete my file(s)  (Read 7557 times)

REDACTED

AVAST Free always delete my file(s)
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
Why the hell avast always delete my file, when i have chosen 'restore & add to exclusion'
from inside the virus chest???

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: AVAST Free always delete my file(s)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »
What file are we talking about ???  you can uploaded the file to VirusTotal for a second opinion and if all clear then use the report false positive to avast option from the chest.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »
i want to upload it but afaik, this forum forbid .rar extension.

this if the link from virustotal :

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4efb43efed89de45c6e9c786fd6b843f57403e7a5a251678b95353a197684103/analysis/1407000901/

and btw, the file is a game trainer i downloaded from my usual site.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
By looking at the report there is a high chance the file is malicious.

You don't upload the file here on the forum, from the chest you right click the file and send to avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
So you download illegal software from a malicious website...
Guess why avast (and others) are removing it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »
the file is a game trainer i downloaded from my usual site.
Is there any reason in the world for that to make you believe you cannot get malware from it?  No one ever distributes malware through games and gaming sites, do they?   ::)

You kind of have to decide what's more important to you...  Blindly running whatever fun software you come across, or keeping your computer and data safe from malicious programmers.  I suspect you may favor the latter, since you have installed Avast. 

Just leave this "game trainer" behind and do something else.

-Noel

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »
WTH, is cheating using trainer illegal now???

Anyway, what I've been wondering are :

1> Why there's no false positive option so that I can use that file?
2> I've downloaded the file from other site & I can open it just fine. But, when I downloaded it from gamecopyworld, I can't open it because the file was corrupt??
3> The default "fix automatically" action doesn't give any feedback at all to its user regarding what kind of activity it has been doing.

Just FYI, I was so mad about this problem because I've used avast from version 4 &  was so satisfied using it. Has been recommending it to my colleagues since then. It's the smartest anti virus I've known, but because of behaviour from number (3) above, I become disappointed with avast.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:16:30 PM by alphonse83 »

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 01:13:35 PM »
If the new download from a different site works but the other download did not then that is good evidence that avast was working correctly as the virus total link also showed that the file was infected.

You are lucky that there was no false positive option... you would have chosen to run the file and been infected ;)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
Why the hell avast always delete my file, when i have chosen 'restore & add to exclusion'
from inside the virus chest???
So what is it ..... does avast delete or quarantine   ::)

3> The default "fix automatically" action doesn't give any feedback at all to its user regarding what kind of activity it has been doing.

Fix automatically =  try to    repair > move to chest > delete

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »
@ Craig : I believe both files were from the same source because when I extracted it, avast detected both files as a threat.

@ Pondus : Avast was quarantined it, hehehehe ::). Soooo..... how can I change the topic's title? ;D

In the end, what matters to me the most is that Avast doesn't give any feedback to its user when set to "fix automatically". After some lurking through the forum, I found out that I've complained about it in the wrong place. Thank you all for your reply.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »
@ Craig : I believe both files were from the same source because when I extracted it, avast detected both files as a threat.
That's not what you said earlier ???

2> I've downloaded the file from other site & I can open it just fine. But, when I downloaded it from gamecopyworld, I can't open it because the file was corrupt??

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:17:58 PM by CraigB »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
In the end, what matters to me the most is that Avast doesn't give any feedback to its user when set to "fix automatically"
Guess you missed the "automatically" part as well as the log files.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 04:47:57 PM »
That's not what you said earlier ???

@ Craig : There's 2 compressed files with same contents which I downloaded from 2 sources, one from gamecopyworld & the others from a blogspot site. I can't open the file downloaded from gamecopyworld (because it's corrupt), while I can open the file downloaded from blogspot just fine. Then, I turned off avast & download again from gamecopyworld. This time, I can open it just fine.
Then, I turned avast on & extract each files, one by one. First, I extracted file from GCW, & avast detected the trainer as a threat.
Secondly, I extracted file downloaded from blogspot, & avast detected it as a threat, too.

Because of that, I ask grandpa google & found out that default setting for avast when facing a threat was set to "fix automatically" which is a major pain in the ass for me.

Being automatic doesn't mean avast can do everything as it likes without telling the user what it has done. Besides, how many average users care & have the time to read avast log? I, for one, even don't know how to read & find avast log. --> @Eddy

Now, do you guys like it if your post in this forum was changed automatically without permission & without notification?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
Being automatic doesn't mean avast can do everything as it likes without telling the user what it has done.
Yes it can, because you as user have given avast permission to do things automatically. It does tell the user what it has done. That is what the log files are for.
I, for one, even don't know how to read & find avast log.
It is plain simple text. Not hard to read at all. Finding them? That is easy. Start > search *.log or browse through the avast folders.

Your real problem is that you are trying to put malware on your system.
I strongly suggest stop doing so.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
Sooo..... no one's here in this forum have the same feeling as me? :P

Then, I should just be quiet  :-X