Author Topic: Avast blocks outlook 2010 from sending mails  (Read 4525 times)

REDACTED

Avast blocks outlook 2010 from sending mails
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:03:31 AM »
Win7, Outlook 2010

Greetings,

For the longest time I had my email options set to "Send and Receive" every 15min.

I have several email accounts using my own domain names ****@MyDomain.com that were all configured as POP3s and all had been working fine.

A couple months ago without me changing any configurations, I started having problems with only one of my email accounts. About 80% of the time when it would send and receive, I would receive the following error message: "Task ****@MyDomain.com - Sending reported error (0x800CCC67): The server responded: 421 cannot connect to smtp server ##.###.#.## (##.###.#.##:##), NB connection error 1460" and about 20% of the time it would go through.

I have deleted the offending email account and created it again and changed from POP to IMAP non of it makes a difference.

When I changed sending options in Outlook to "Send immediately when connected" the problem went away.
Also disabling the mail shield resolves the problem.

It appears that avast is the culprit but I dont understand why only on one email account and not the others and if Avast is the culprit maybe the friendly people from Avast could look into this issue. I dont really like having the mail shield off!!!

Thanks!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast blocks outlook 2010 from sending mails
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
It sounds to me like it has to do with the name of that email account.
No strange tokens in it like %, & or something ?

Have you already exported avasts certificate and imported it into Outlook?
If not, please do so and see if it makes a difference.