Author Topic: Grime fighter crap  (Read 2717 times)

REDACTED

Grime fighter crap
« on: August 14, 2014, 11:31:53 AM »
HOw can i get money back for this?
It is trying to connect to the internet on reboot but it is not possible as i do not have cable and for Wi-Fi to run, PC must be switched ON, therefore it will never do what it suppose to do. I need my refund please.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Grime fighter crap
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:37:34 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Grime fighter crap
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »
Hello Jan,

Please post your ticket number here and I will make sure it gets handled asap.

As I wrote on another thread, the issue we have is that GrimeFighter sometimes (not in all cases) cannot recognize the network card or external wifi USB and therefore you get the error message you see.  We are working on resolving that and in the meantime creating a blacklist of those network cards we know we have issues with so other users don't have the same frustration as you.

I know this doesn't help you much but I wanted to provide some background on why this is happening.

Regards