Author Topic: password not saved to the forums basis, I have to reset it each time I come here  (Read 2270 times)

Offline avragorn

Hello,

I have a problem : each time I come here, I have to log in and each time it says that my username or password is invalid. I have to reset my password each time. The forum seems to not save my password, is it normal ?

My configuration : Windows 7 Premium - INTEL I5 2500K - NVIDIA/MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb - AVAST FREE EDITION 22.5.6015

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
i do not have that problem

Offline avragorn

I am using firefox, I just tested with google chrome, I have the same problem :( I don't know why :( On all the other forums I use to visit, I don't have this problem :(
My configuration : Windows 7 Premium - INTEL I5 2500K - NVIDIA/MSI GTX 1050 TI 4gb - AVAST FREE EDITION 22.5.6015

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
No problems with Opera, FireFox, Chrome, IE, Maxthon.
Do you people store the password someway?
If so how/with what?

Offline avragorn

Firefox keeps the log in informations, maybe if I delete the cookies it would be better ?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Try this:

- Start FireFox > Options > Privacy > Stored Passwords > delete all that refer to avast.
- Close FireFox.
- Use CCleaner to remove all temporary files (cookies and others).
- Reboot (shouldn't be needed but can't hurt)
- Start FireFox
- Login to the webboard (or my.avast.com and go through the support link to the webboard)

Let's see if this solves it.

Offline avragorn

Ok, thanks :)

I tried, but it still doesn't work.

I tried again with google chrome and I even installed the newest version of Internet Explorer to try with it, I always have the same problem :(

Well, it doesn't matter, I don't come often here, I will reset my password each time !

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
Strange.
It should have worked in my opinion.
If you don't mind, try it again.
But this time after cleaning up go to the link underneath and login through that:
https://id.avast.com/login?target=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.avast.com

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Additional info re what Eddy is recommending:  (see attached below)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803