Author Topic: AVAST is so rude on the phone  (Read 1729 times)

REDACTED

AVAST is so rude on the phone
« on: August 16, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
Yesterday something went wrong with my pc. It took forever for it to come on. I figured I had a virus so I bought the premium service of AVAST and the grime fighter from AVAST......got the premium service installed. But on my e-mail it stated that the grime fighter installation will be mailed to me.....5 hours later it didn't come. So I called AVAST and Randal answered and he was so dam rude....worst them me.....I was nice and told him about no e-mail from them about installing Grime Fighter....he told me to go to AVAST and click on Grime Fighter....I did and it stated it was not installed and Randal said that I didn't have it installed and he wanted to know everything about my pc so he could go into it and fix it. I told him the only person messing with my pc is my son. He said "then have a bad pc, live with the grime" I told him "all I am asking you is send me the installation for Grime Fighter" He said he cannot do that, and then he really pissed me off and said "there is something wrong with you" So I told him to go back to India. Hung up. Then I called back and got Annie and she was so nice and said she will send me instructions to install Grime Fighter......after hanging up she sent me an e-mail to submit a ticket and they will call me in 5 days.....okay that pissed me off. So I called again and another person answered and she said to go on AVAST and click on Grime Fighter and I did....I told her that it is downloaded ...she was happy.....I was happy.....I hung up......then it says I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.....dam it....I already did....called them back....and the man asked me if I registered with AVAST I said "yes" he said "then it should work" I said "it isn't working" well he got upset and said "I don't know what you are doing and I don't think you know what you are doing." I hung up. 

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: AVAST is so rude on the phone
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:40:46 PM »
Hi,

Phone Support is not done by Avast but by an external Company, please Report this to Adam Riley (riley@avast.com)

If you are having Virus Problems please go to the viruses and Worms section ( https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0) and follow this guide: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
You did not called avast but a third party.
The people on this webboard very strongly advice not to do so.
Help here is free.

You got GrimeFigter installed now?
Only need to register it?
What os/sp do you have?
Is your internet cabled or wifi?
Already looked at my.avast.com for the license?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:41:17 PM »
Thank you for your comments....I did not know that I was calling a third party.....just got a phone number when I purchased the program.  Yes I finally got Grime Fighter installed.....again thank you all. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 11:31:44 PM »
Good to hear it is installed now.
If you run into a problem or have a question, just go to the correct forum and let us know.

If no problem/question, enjoy your days :D