Author Topic: What do you think about ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.632.002 with Anti-Spyware defence  (Read 2826 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
That right this subject is about "What do you think about ZoneAlarm Pro 6.0.632.002 with Anti-Spyware defence" has been added into there firewall package.

I haven't done enough testing about the new v6.0.632.002 comes with it and we all know ZA doesn't support Avast Anti-Virus product.

So I am asking for feedback on the new anti-spyware defence come with the ZA product and please tell what you really think, I am happy with Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper and MS Anti-Spyware.

While I still have SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard and our beloved true friend Avast Home Edition anti-virus protect with all cannot not live without it.

Bob3160 I know you used ZA Pro please tell me your story about the new product before I really do turn on the ZA Anti-spyware on.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 02:15:53 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Been using it now since the beta and the antispy has found nothing.  There were update problems that appear to have been resolved. I leave it running just for the sheer hell of it.  However, I place spywareblaster as my main defence, this is probably why I have no spyware.  Sorry I'm not much help.

Yinyang4evry1

Well, in my opinion, I wouldn't really rely on the antispyware Zonealarm provides ( if we're both talking about anonymizer atonomizer ). It didn't detect as much spyware as Ad-Aware or Spyware Blaster.  Sorry I'm not much help either. I would suggest using the 30-Day free trial provided by trend-micro. It has currently 47172 signatures. You can get it here: http://www.trendmicro.com/download/trial/trial-as.asp

Yinyang4evry1

i just noticed a mistake in my last reply.
sorry spyware blaster doesn't detect but prevents
i meant to type trend micro anti-spyware
 :)