Author Topic: Internet Security (paid license) license failure. Can't process license  (Read 1943 times)

REDACTED

Internet Security popped up saying my license has expired.  It is good until Nov 2015, 10 pc's.  I just downloaded the license from the web site, double-clicked the file and the program tried to insert / activate it.  Now I'm getting an error dialog that says

Dialog box title:
avast! avast! Information

Dialog message:
 "Unable to insert the license file.
Not enough storage is available to process this command."

The program status page says my license has expired, it's valid until late next year.

help,
Monte

REDACTED

Re: Internet Security (paid license) license failure. Can't process license
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
Just looked at Programs and Features in Control Panel, Windows 8.1 by the way, forgot to mention, I had just reinstalled avast on July 14, this problem came up 30 days later.  Is the "trial period" license not getting updated somehow by the new license?  If I uninstall and reinstall today is this just going to come up in another month?

Monte

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Internet Security (paid license) license failure. Can't process license
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
Try a repair...Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.
Then try to insert the license.

If you need avast to re-send a purchased license use this form.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.