Author Topic: Grimefighter Blues  (Read 2924 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter Blues
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »
why can I not disable the grimefighter popup entirely and not have it show ever? I never wanted needed or had any interest ever for grimefighter and don't think its worth the money its asking for. many other users besides myself are unhappy with that.. so why have it? I certainly don't need a bunch of unknown scanners "cleaning" up my system and forcing me to rebuild . I know what's on my comp and trusted you this far with keeping me safe, avast. why foib the grimefighter off on me hmm? its not worth the pain of buying it and never was a very good program addition. stick to what you know guys. delete the possibility of grimefighter and let us have our happy and well loved avast program back without that added crap! you guys didn't need to go to that avenue for that. discontinue grimefighter guys and maybe you'll even get more business, but right now I don't think its such a good idea for me to recommend you guys atm. all because of grimefighter. until you guys remove grimefighter from your programming id constitute that as an unwanted invasion of privacy and your grimefighter is the problem as to why I refuse to recommend you guys. or I do so with a warning to leave grimefighter out of it
 you never added it as a part of the package for premier version ( which I have) and am glad for that because I'm not going to pay you guys for that at all. not for a program that does more damage than good sorry!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grimefighter Blues
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »
If you don't want GrimeFighter, just uninstall it as has been explained many times already on this webboard.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
I don't have it and its trying to annoy me into buying it. you don't really understand my grief eddy.  I'm not a grimefighter subscriber and never will be . I'm VERY tired of having those popups about it on both mine and my hubbys computers and I want to make sure avast knows that there are a LOT of us who are DISPLEASED with avast for doing this to us . other people have been forced to rebuild their computers because of it. so why even have it guys? its not necessary for you guys to branch into THAT part of the programming. in fact I feel its best to not fix what isn't broken. and grimefighter will just break a users os. ( as research of my own has provided) I want to know WHY its been added in the first place? and WHY you guys insist on having it when it doesn't work worth a damn? oh and if you really want the score of how all of us feel about it .. the poll that's there about it should tell you guys! btw for all that my forums posts says I'm new ive been around avast a LOT longer than grimefighter ever has and this is the FIRST time i've had a problem with the avast guys! ( started using it back in 2003)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:44:31 PM by Howlsfromshadow »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:38:42 PM »
If you are talking about the pop-ups, just disable them in the settings.

If you want to use a certain software, spend time to learn how to use it.
Learn about the setting, options etc. etc.