Author Topic: Boot Scan Fails: "The IOCTL call made by the application program is not correct"  (Read 20325 times)

Offline acnicholls

This is shown when scheduling the boot time scan, or any other scan in fact.  When I log in, under my user account, which is a domain user, and a part of the local machine administrators group, then try to do ANY scan, I get this error.  If I go to Scan > Scan for viruses > Boot Time Scan > Start.  I get this error.  Selecting any other scan type (ie: Quick or Full) gives me the same error.

REDACTED

I got the same message .. is there any solution  ?

Offline Tomas F.

• Avast team
Hello everybody

Sadly, we are unable to reproduce this issue. If you are still experiencing this problem, please use the Support tool, which will help us to find out what the issue might be.

To generate support package:
1) download the Support tool here http://public.avast.com/supp/util/avastsupport.exe
2) run it and fill in your email address and description of your problem
3) when the package is generated, please send me a package ID

Thanks

Offline AridLegion

Hi, I've been having this problem as well. It looks like custom scans still work, though I'm not sure if that's just because I excluded my mostly unused HDD from the drives scanned.

Offline ivan_tchakoff

I had the same problem, but I solved it installing new SATA drivers. Before that, I got tired trying all kind of sollutions: format Hard Disk, install windows 7 again, take off the video board PCI Express, install another antivirus, etc, etc. But the drivers was the magic sollution. Good Luck!!!