Author Topic: Beta pushed via Google Play?!  (Read 2271 times)

REDACTED

Beta pushed via Google Play?!
« on: August 18, 2014, 09:00:20 PM »
Can someone explain why is Beta version of avast Mobile pushed via Google play update? I'm using avast on almost all my phones, some of them have free version some of them premium. As far as I can see all my phones (and one tablet) are updated to latest version which shows BETA in logo. Is it a logo bug or real beta? If it is real BETA who gave you permission to push BETA releases without consent over stable versions  >:( ?

Thank you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Beta pushed via Google Play?!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »
Did you join the Google+ Beta Community in the past?
The *only* way you receive a beta update is have manually and explicitly gave permission to that via Google+.
Do you have more than one Google Account in your phone? Any of the accounts was linked to beta channel?
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »
Only one account. Premium one is installed via Google Play and subscription is activated via GP. On the other hand, after fist beta testing was completed someone somewhere wrote that if you uninstall your BETA version and install final from GP you will not receive BETA versions in future. I don't mind testing avast but one of my devices need stable and reliable version of avast because it contains sensitive data on it (my work device using my other Google account).

How can I check my status for beta testing? Google+ ?

Thnx.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »
Hi,

go here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.avast.android.mobilesecurity and you should either see "Become a tester" if you are not in the beta or there will be a link to discontinue testing somewhere on the page. You will probably have to wait for the next non-beta update though or reinstall manually to get a stable version.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:45:11 AM »
My second account was never beta tester (checked on link provided in last post). I manually removed Avast and installed it again via google play now it seems ok.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »
Hi,

what is installed depends on the current active account in the Google Play app on your device.

Filip