Author Topic: Avast Firewall  (Read 21044 times)

darkparrot

Re: Avast Firewall
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 10:15:09 PM »
I hope one day there is an avast! firewall.

DickinsMCF

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
I am a great fan of Sygate firewall. However I am upgrading my home network soon to not only several servers but one being Smoothwall. An excellent firewall :) and open source so plenty of hacks to add extra functionality and add-ons.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 09:54:13 PM »
DickinsMCF: im not an expert on unix firewalls, but they're not so complex as windows ones - i'd say, most unix guys use iptables, but it's not enough... sygate fw seems to be for low-level users (who else can study a packet header he's about to approve?) and quite little chaotic in settings+rules...

darth.mikey

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 10:15:54 AM »
I recommend and use Kerio firewall it does the job fine and has no issues with webshield  ;D

MFB

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »
Although I never tried Kerio yet, I believe it's a wonderful firewall to try out.  But normally I would suggest Zone Alarm for those who wants to start off easy.   ;)

darth.mikey

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 10:48:48 AM »
Fellas no firewall is very easy to set up at first but i believe once you get to know the settings(read the manual) and what they do  you can use any of them.The reason i gave up ZA was that it had all those false intrusions (400 or more a day) when i was using  any bittorrent client and was quite a resource hog(very important to me cause i'm a gamer).So i  switched to Sygate which is  a good firewall  but  when i first tried out the new Kerio(4.2.0) i knew this is the one i  want to have on my computer. ;) So my advice is to try all of them and then see which one suits your needs best.

Mikey

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 04:30:15 PM »
I recommend and use Kerio firewall it does the job fine and has no issues with webshield  ;D

All my votes goes to latest KERIO PF too.  ;)

TAP

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 06:26:53 PM »

All my votes goes to latest KERIO PF too.  ;)

My vote goes to Kerio too, it's a pretty free personal firewall, I really love its Behavior Blocking.