Author Topic: Any way to get the program to do the recommend function automatically?  (Read 4514 times)

rkb2948

This is the first antivirus program I've run in a long time, and there are so many trojan horses, it will literally just take me an hour to sit and click on "move to chest" is there any way to get it to automatically send all the found things to the chest? I've been doing this for an hour for about 2 days now and still haven't finished got to the system resources yesterday....i think in the vault there are over 2000 things...? Anyways if there is not a way to automatically send them to the chest is there another program that will or any other suggestions...I've noticed alot of them were in the windows directory...yikes...anyways any response would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Rkb2948

mrdm

program a boot time scan:
>start avast >menu >boot time scan >select advanced options >move infected files
-- this will move infected files to a subfolder of avast, then you could just open the
chest and add the infected files to the user files category.
or:
get avast pro and program a session from the enhaced interface
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:51:09 AM by mrdm »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
With that many files infected, I recommend a clean installation of the OS.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
program a boot time scan:
>start avast >menu >boot time scan >select advanced options >move infected files
-- this will move infected files to a subfolder of avast, then you could just open the
chest and add the infected files to the user files category.
But the user will 'lose' all the information about the path of the files... it will be a mess if 'necessary' files are moved and the user don't know where to restore them...
Maybe booting in Safe Mode and using avast! from there.

get avast pro and program a session from the enhaced interface
Indeed, it will be easier, safer and faster.
The best things in life are free.

rkb2948

To Mrdm what is the subfolder that the files are moved into and; does avast pro cost anything or are there free alternatives that will net me what I need.

I did the thing mrdm talked of but cant find the directory of the files but when i do, just drop them in the virus vault?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
To Mrdm what is the subfolder that the files are moved into
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\moved

does avast pro cost anything
Yes, it's not free. But you can test it for 60 day period.

or are there free alternatives that will net me what I need.
What do you need?

rkb2948

to get rid of these buggar viruses without having to mindlesssly click through them I have no idea what it all that information that in the window that pops up when a trojan is found, so if there was any way to just automatically move it then I'd be in good shape. Do I have to uninstall the version I have to demo the professional version?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
So if there was any way to just automatically move it then I'd be in good shape.
Yes, there is Silent Mode.

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for hte user automatically.

Do I have to uninstall the version I have to demo the professional version?
No, just go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove.
Then choose Change function in the popup window.
Add the Professional version items.
You must be connected to the internet while doing this.

rkb2948

How do i add the professional features...and wow you've been very helpful thanks a bunch.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
How do i add the professional features...and wow you've been very helpful thanks a bunch.
Just buy avast: http://www.avast.com/eng/down_pro.html  8)