Author Topic: Updating clients program  (Read 3327 times)

REDACTED

Updating clients program
« on: April 28, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »
Hi,
  all my avast clients are at version 8.0.1603 and my AEA is 8.0.367.  I tried for fun to update a few clients and they all updated once and asked to reboot.  After that, they didn't update anymore... but were still at version 8.0.1603.

So, I'm guessing that I need to update my clients... but how can I do that if they stay at the same version ?  I can't use the console to filter them on the version and then do an update, they're all at the same version.  I was thinking about running the program update process from command line from login script... if that's even possible.

Anyone has been thru this problem (and found a soltion) ?

Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: Updating clients program
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »
The current version of End Point Protection Suite IS 8.0.1603. It is not updating because you are already on the latest version of the program.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »
That's what I thought, but why does it ask to reboot after I manually update the program on my clients.  After the reboot, it doesn't ask to reboot anymore when I update the program with the buton.  It seems an update or something was necessary and once it was done, it doesn't ask to reboot anymore.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »
How long has the client been installed on the machines before you're trying the update? Are they being rebooted after the initial install?

I just tested this on 3 new machines and was unable to reproduce the problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »
They've been installed for at least a few months to about 1 year.  We shut down every computer at night except our servers.  I changed the files scanned lately, but it shouldn't require a manual update of the program...  I've activated the scan at program execution.

I just retested on 10 computers and they all asked to reboot once.  They all didnt' ask at the second manual update.  I will try to launch an update from the console in one school and see how it goes.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
An update from the console doesn't prompt a reboot, but a local update yes.  It must be because the console checks only the version...  Would like to know what is updated that requires a manual program update and a reboot though.  I think I'll search for clues in logs.