Author Topic: aswRvrt.sys AGAIN - booting problems: can anyone help?  (Read 17542 times)

REDACTED

Re: aswRvrt.sys AGAIN - booting problems: can anyone help?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 10:07:34 PM »
Search completed. Search.txt is attached.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »
OK run this, a reboot may be needed 

CAUTION :  This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-gdi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22195_none_1281c5a8bee46a0f\lpk.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LPK.dll
Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-gdi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_07f91de77125e78d\dciman32.dll C:\windows\system32\

Save this as fixlist.txt, in the same location as FRST.exe
Run FRST and press Fix
On completion a log will be generated please post that

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 10:38:13 PM »
Here is the fixlog.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
Could you now retry the installs and see if the warnings still appear

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »
I succesfully installed Avast Premier Antivirus. (I got very scared indeed).
I restarted the PC to complete the installation. Again 3 minutes of black screen (with a cursor that can be moved around). I clicked to open my windows account and put in my password. Since then I have a black screen with movable cursor (already for more than 5 minutes now).
Finally my desktop reappeared with the following warnings:
1. RAPVCpl64.exe: application error: cannot start application correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close application.
2. cannot start clear.fiMovieService.exe because DCIMAN.dll is missing on your computer.
3. a problem has occurred when starting C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll. Cannot find the specified module.
4. Windows Activation: A non authorized change has been made to windows: Windows found a modification which will result in a limited functionality: Click on the following link for mor information on how to repair Windows

Avast is warning me now to update Adobe Reader, Chrome, IE, Adobe Air, Mozilla, i Tunes. All of these were (so called) up to date the day before the crash.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:44 PM »
The link for more information brings me to the download page of Windows Validation Software. After I will have put in my product key, it promises also to help me in repairing components that may have been damaged, moved or deleted.
I suppose I can do this?

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »
I get a message that 'The validation service couldn't determine wether the copy of Windows that is running on your computer is genuine.' I have a valid product key though. Should I contact Support Center of Microsoft for this?

Good night and thanks for all your time and effort today to try and find a solution to my PC problems.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
Good morning,
My problems aren't over yet.

Yesterday night:
A full system scan by Avast did not detect any infections.
A asked Avast a startup scan but after restarting the PC, the scan :'( simply did not start.
I still got the messages: module nvscap64.dll not found / error code 0x80072EFD (cannot connect to server).
Windows asked for the product key, but after having put it in, it gave the error code 0x80072EFD (cannot connect to server). Windows warned me regularly I am using an illegal, damaged, modified ... copy.
After a boot, I lost my proper Wall Paper and got the default one (from Acer).

Meanwhile Windows is doing some but not all updates. This morning, after installing 7 updates and booting, this was the scenario:
- 'starting up Windows'-screen
- video input to the monitor is cut off for about 20 seconds (I noticed it before as well, but forgot to mention)
- black screen for 3 minutes
- after putting in my password, I got the 'Welcome'-screen but then the computer blocked (welcome screen with a static 'busy'-icon for over 20 minutes)

Normal boot of the blocked computer:
same scenario till I got to the accounts screen.
After 3 minutes (during which I did not fill in my password): SPONTANEOUS reboot

3rd boot:
usual scenario but no spontaneous reboot this time. After filling in the password, Welcome screen (this time with a turning 'busy'-icon) for more than 25 minutes now (and still waiting) ...

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
OK there are no spares for nvscap64.dll  so I would recommend that you reinstall your video drivers to correct that error, this is probably the cause of the long black screen at boot 

For dciman32.dll

CAUTION :  This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-gdi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_07f91de77125e78d\dciman32.dll C:\windows\system32\dciman32.dll

Save this as fixlist.txt, in the same location as FRST.exe
Run FRST and press Fix
On completion a log will be generated please post that

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
Hello again Essexboy,

I include the fixlog in this post.

As for nvscap64.dll, how do I reinstall my video drivers? I know that I have a Nvidia Geforce Product but I cannot remember the exact product. Is there a way to find out from the command prompt? I suppose I will download the correct drivers afterwards from the Nvidia website on USB and install them again using the command prompt?

Thanks again

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 05:23:59 PM »
Use the automated tool here to locate and download the correct drivers http://www.geforce.co.uk/geforce-experience

Has the DCIMAN.dll error disappeared now ?

As a stop gap you could boot in safe mode to the low resolution option, this should be a temporary cure for the balck screen

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 05:46:24 PM »
This morning I could not get into the admin account any more.
I try again ...
When I put in my password en push enter, the 'Welcome' text (with the turning 'busy' icon) keep on turning for 5 minutes.
Then I get the screen again with all the windows accounts.
I put in the password again... now I get into my account:
warnings:
1. RAPVCpl64.exe: application error: cannot start application correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close application.
2. cannot start clear.fiMovieService.exe because DCIMAN.dll is missing on your computer. !! STILL !!
3. a problem has occurred when starting C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll. Cannot find the specified module.
4. You are a possible victim of illegal software. (Windows 7 is not validated)

I will try now to get to the Nvidia site to install the correct drivers.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
OK, bad news I am afraid.
I managed with a lot of patience to install the GeForce Experience tool.
The tool found the following:
GPU = GeForce GT 530
It proposed to install the latest driver GeForce 340.52.
During install, video input fell out for two minutes. After that I saw that installation failed.
I pushed the 'AGAIN' button. This time, the video input fell out permanently. I see nothing now for more than half an hour.

Shall  I boot and see what the damage is?

Honestly, do you see an end to these problems? And what caused them anyway? A zero acces infection? Ransomware? ...

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »
If anything I would assess this to be a system corruption caused either by bad sectors on the disc or a hard shutdown

Have a reboot and see what occurs

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
Normal boot:
It looks like we are back to square one.
I get the 'Starting Windows' screen and that's it.