Author Topic: Paid for GrimeFighter but it doesn't work.  (Read 11456 times)

REDACTED

Re: Paid for GrimeFighter but it doesn't work.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
SO THATS A NO THEN  IM ONLY TALKIN TO YOU BECAUSE SEEMS I CANT GET A TECH

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
Garry, stop shouting and start your own thread.
Provide details like what os/sp, how you connect to the internet, the exact error message (if you get one) and such things.
YOUR NOT HELPING MUCH EITHER
No-one can help you if you are not listening and do not tell more about the problem you are having.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
waiting for a tech support like what was expected surely thats not too much to ask

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
waiting for a tech support like what was expected surely thats not too much to ask

A support Tech on a Saturday, not much chance of that. Not to mention, support tech respond to your support ticket, almost never in the forum.
Eddy has requested some information that will be needed to assist, whoever assists and he has user experience with this tool.
Long time users and volunteers provide most of the tech assistance.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
arh well as i stated it was requested six days ago and the only reason im on the forum is because appart from taking my money tis the only contact i seem to get

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
If you created a ticket, learn how to have patience.
You are not their only customer asking for assistance.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »
obviously

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
At least I'm not alone. Grimefighter doesn't work for me either.

What I want to know is how to get a refund. I submitted a ticket (#EUL-564-53067) about 3 weeks ago & still no response & that was after wasting a month trying to get it to work. I'm beginning to think the idea is to stall long enough so that I can't go to my credit company & dispute the charge. I'm certainly not going to be renewing my antivirus license if I don't get a refund.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 04:34:32 AM »
yes seems to be a lot of unsatisfied customers.And getting a formal response from avast seems not likely,I have uninstalled grimefighter and wont be reinstallingas i no longer trust the product going by the reveiws ive seen.I too have requested a refund with no response from avast .Thus meaning they are going to feel it come renewal time if this is the type ofcare they give there customers.

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 03:50:25 AM »
 I fingered out why it won't work. I tried to get my lenience so I could install it manually. They have a fine product, I have it on one of my other computers. But on my laptop it would not activate automatically. I'll get to the point of the solution. It does not like my email address. It says it sent my activation code, but I never get it. So I registered using a G mail account. Success!!! Now if I can only get them to answer my service ticket to have them change my purchase email to the one that works.         

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 05:33:43 PM »
ya im not impressed with grimefighter either.. it goes to 95 percent and then says i cant download grimefighter at this time and to check my internet connectivity.. tried it like 50 times.. and my internet is fine its your guys problem... not impressed.. is grimefighter working for anyone/?

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
Guys, I don't think I would even deal with it any more. I'd just deal with the card charge back, or ask the Attorney General of your state to do a review of the product under an Interstate Trade and Commerce Clause complaint (Says quality their product has to be sound if it is being sold across state lines, and that it does what it says it does can include implied level of Tech Support).

To me it is like if I took my Truck to Shell, and they said they had a new performance gasoline, it may not work in 1/20 cars, and could leave you stranded. And we can't tell you what cars it work on. You have to fill it up first. Then if it doesn't stop working or doesn't explode, then it works. (duh)

Just my $.02 worth, your actual millage may very.

AJF

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »
I cannot log into my grime fighter account as the @ sign comes up as "
I have a lot of trouble with my account, and paid for phone assistance

Today I started grime fighter but couldn't sign in
I need to submit a ticket about this but can't sign in to the account!

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 12:02:52 PM »
Try keeping your finger on the ALT key and then press the number 2 key and you should get the @