Author Topic: Bug report, no reply necessary  (Read 1551 times)

REDACTED

Bug report, no reply necessary
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:14:20 AM »
This relates to Avast Pro 2014.09.0.2021 under Win 7 Professional 64 bit Version 6.1.7601

I use an image editing program called Picture Window Pro (v7.0.14a).  Every time I would start it, DeepScreen would analyze it and find it to be fine.  One might think that after the first time, DeepScreen would remember, but it did this every time, which got tiresome.  I was needing to open and close the program a lot (so it would relinquish ownership of an SD card and Windows would do the eject properly), got tired of waiting, clicked the X to stop Deep Analysis as soon as the little window opened, and got my first BSOD in several months.  I solved this problem by turning off DeepScreen and then rebooting again.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Bug report, no reply necessary
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:53:08 AM »
Try a repair...Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.