Author Topic: Anger and frustration at pop ups!!!!!!!  (Read 1580 times)

Offline dc10boy

Anger and frustration at pop ups!!!!!!!
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »
 >:(Hi All I'm really ticked off here.My subscription ends 9-8.the last two consecutive years when I re subscribed  early. you guys gave me an expiration date one year from the date I updated not one year from the original date of expiration.that is why I'm waiting until the last minute to do it.
3 times in the last 2 days, Avast has initiated hard locks/crashes on my system by displaying pop ups telling me my subscription ends in 11 days while I have full screen games running.I have selected silent mode, clearly not wanting pop ups to appear.This is crap! I don't need a damn window to pop up 3 or more times a day to tell me when my subscription expires!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Anger and frustration at pop ups!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
Well you don't say what the subscription is, but I'm guessing it isn't the free version ?

The license update for paid versions of avast should take into account the remaining license when renewing your subscription/license from the avast User Interface.

If it doesn't take the remaining period into account, you can contact Sales using the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles, giving them the details of the existing license and its expiry and the new license and they should be able to correct this for you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security