Author Topic: ZA blocks all programs from the internet  (Read 5891 times)

MFB

ZA blocks all programs from the internet
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:47:41 AM »
 Has anyone else exprience this problem?  Whenever I log off from one account (PC has not shut down yet) and sign in to another account, ZA Blocks all programs from accessing the internet (I couldn't use IE nor Firefox at this moment)  I check out the firewall and it says that I had to reboot my PC which I did and it works fine....

.....Then I try the log out and in process again and Zone Alarm once again blocks all my programs (I couldn't even update Spybot or Ad-aware.)  I've just ask the ZA forum about this issue and just wanna know if anyone else is having this problem.  I'm using the ZA 6 free edition as we speak.    :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ZA blocks all programs from the internet
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:59:46 AM »
Fixer, I could only guess... not sure:
1) ZA uses an automatic 'stealth' mode after some time (or screensaver).
2) ZA does not manage well the swith user feature of Windows.

Does in ZA forum have something related?
The best things in life are free.

MFB

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:02:31 AM »
To be honest, I don't think my screensaver ever came on after I install ZA6.  I couldn't find the search button on their forum so I just post my problem.   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 05:07:59 AM »
Could be ZA was installed with a user account, not with the administrator account.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 05:25:47 AM »
Could be ZA was installed with a user account, not with the administrator account.
I never used the Administrator account to install programs... I worked (and work) always with an user with admin rights.
This should not be the problem...  :-[ :-\

MFB

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 06:58:30 AM »

Nope, I've use an adminstrator account, I'll find out tommorow from the ZA Forum.

Yinyang4evry1

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 12:11:55 AM »
whoa, I used to experience that problem, too. But I never bothered to ask because I was too lazy. So I just now use Kerio. just to assure you that you are not alone... :)

not much of a computer expert,me,
tim

MFB

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 09:55:41 PM »
Hey I just found out yesterday that a few users using ZA 6 is having a few minor  problems (some with the same problems as mine), Zone Labs are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.   :)

thedon57

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 12:36:55 PM »
Hi you are not the only one others are finding the same problem on other forums which i go onto, all to do with the update ZA have done.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »
Hi you are not the only one others are finding the same problem on other forums which i go onto, all to do with the update ZA have done.
I'm using ZA (free) updated in one computer without any trouble with avast! (Home version, updated).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 01:52:56 PM by Tech »

MFB

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »
Doesn't really deal with avast! it deals with programs being lock from the internet.  I hope they fix this issue soon.   :)