Author Topic: How to backup my phone after losing access to it  (Read 2637 times)

REDACTED

How to backup my phone after losing access to it
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »
I have broken my Nexus 4 : screen can be read but no touchscreen. I tried to have it repaired, but they say that, with a new screen, there is still no touchscreen working.

I am devastated : I have a lot of pictures and video of my little son I did not have time to save on my computer (my fault)... I hardly want them.

I have "avast! Mobile Security" installed and linked to my account, but not "avast! Mobile Backup".

If I try to access to my device on my.avast.com, it tells me to install "avast! Mobile Backup" to perform backups.
My question is : if I push the app from the playstore, will it work even if I cannot run the app, even once ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

REDACTED

Re: How to backup my phone after losing access to it
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »
I would definitely try that... if the component is installed my guess is that you will be able to initiate it through the Mobile Security installed.

I'm not familiar with Nexus but Kies from Samsung can also perform full backup including photos, videos, apps and preferences just through the cable, all controlled from the PC... You can try if it will recognize Nexus.

Last would be to use help of a techie who could connect to it through cable and command line... a decent repair shop should be able to nake a full backup to a SD card for you in such situation.

Keep us updated what worked best for your situation!