Author Topic: Avast Home works with Windows Vista!!!  (Read 21617 times)

smackman

Avast Home works with Windows Vista!!!
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:28:33 PM »
OK, your devs rock! This is the only AV I've found that actually works with Vista and is fully functional. Thanks for the great product and please keep it free :)

Good Work!!! ;D

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast Home works with Windows Vista!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:42:49 PM »
Nice to hear it! Maybe Vista is not dramatically changed after XP so it's compatible with avast! And maybe it's because avast is

MFB

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 09:55:49 PM »
I really want to know how many people are gonna get Window Vista once is comes out.  I mean for me it feels like Windows XP just came out yesterday.  It's nice to hear that avast! home edition is compatible with Windows Vista though! :)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 09:59:23 PM »
I really want to know how many people are gonna get Window Vista once is comes out.  I mean for me it feels like Windows XP just came out yesterday.  It's nice to hear that avast! home edition is compatible with Windows Vista though! :)

To get Vista I think I should get a better PC too or to upgrade my current machine!  ;) Nope, I'm going to stay on XP. As Vista should be very expensive for me!  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 01:02:55 AM »
I really want to know how many people are gonna get Window Vista once is comes out. I mean for me it feels like Windows XP just came out yesterday. It's nice to hear that avast! home edition is compatible with Windows Vista though! :)

I shan't be lining Bill's pockets for some time and certainly not until I know a lot more about what is in Vista (Longhorn) and if it will be worth the expense.
Yes the Beta is out but we are still talking about the end of 2006 for RTM version and you can bet it will cost a premium price for early adopters.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mick Sturbes

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 08:13:22 AM »
I shan't be lining Bill's pockets for some time and certainly not until I know a lot more about what is in Vista (Longhorn) and if it will be worth the expense.
Yes the Beta is out but we are still talking about the end of 2006 for RTM version and you can bet it will cost a premium price for early adopters.

I am going to play with Linux soon ......... is Avast OK with this OS  ::)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 11:54:37 AM »
It's absolutelly not true that you need stronger machine for Vista.
People around me run it on regular mid range machines and it's working superfast with all eyecandies.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Neron

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 12:24:33 PM »
will it run on
633Mhz
256 ram
64 mb Gforece4 ???

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 05:40:04 PM »
will it run on
633Mhz
256 ram
64 mb Gforece4 ???

I think it won't run on this system.
If I remember right Windows Vista requires min 512mb ram :(
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Neron

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 06:12:36 PM »
Well it's not a surprise. :)
I guess I'm gonna stay with XP :D ;D

juresk

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 10:55:58 PM »
Hi, I can't really understand what wrong with my tunings of Vista: e-mail with  Avast works prima, but when starting browser (IE, Opera, Firefox) nothing except white screen comes. When I switch off Avast, everything goes goed. Any sugestions?

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:01:44 PM »
First, welcome to forums !

Allow all avast! processes in your firewall... that should do the trick  ;)

Cheers!

EDIT: Btw, where did you get Vista (beta) download ?
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:03:30 PM »
Try disabling WebShield and see if it helps.

BTW the Standard Shield will be revamped for Vista. We'll use a whole new driver (instead of aswMon.sys/aswMon2.sys) to do the scanning. We already have a pre-release version ready...

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

John-

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 08:38:01 AM »
I have read somewhere that you can adjust Windows Vista in function of your computer system.

On my old computer a PIII 600 Mhz I was able to run WinXP faster then W2K,...strange indeed.
OK,...the comp. had 640 MB ram,...but still,....

But I guess Windows Vista would be a little bit too heavy to run it properly! It is graphical more intense (more like MacOS X effects) and will require more harddisk to install.
I used this computer for approx. 6 years,...(long time I know)

Now I own a PIV 3.2 Ghz with 2 GB ram,..so I assume Windows Vista will run smooth,...(at least I hope,..you never know what 2006 will bring)

Microsoft will also claim that Windows Vista will be more secure then WinXP SP2,...yeah ok,...what is security really,...  I do not think that it will make THAT much of a difference.
If you use a AV, install all updates ect,... you should be ok,....

but again,...why switch to Windows Vista if Windows XP SP2 runs pretty OK.
I know people that own Windows 98 SE and basically they are sometimes "more secured" then a WinXP user. (some new virusses do not work on the 98 systems,...)

Anyway,...its good that Avast! is also guaranteed to work on Vista,... :)

juresk

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 08:49:25 AM »
Thanks for welcome. Thanks for suggestion to switch off WebShield. Now it works prima. Great product!
PS Vista Beta -> Torrent