Author Topic: Multiple requests for cancellation and refund.  (Read 10735 times)

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Multiple requests for cancellation and refund.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 06:58:40 PM »
I followed Chris100's directions, logged into www.avast.com/en-us/find-order
Found my order, clicked on manage my account
When I got my email and password entered, I got a message on the page in red "Enter a valid email address"
I DID enter my valid email address, MULTIPLE TIMES !!  I am so frustrated!  I just want to get rid of auto renew.
I have tried submitting tickets, telephone calls, nothing helps!!  I am at my wits end!

HELP!!

Hi smitti0110

I couldn't find any ticket by you since late February, but that for something different... Anyway, I've cancelled your auto-renewal :)

Cheers!

Offline Quiksilver

• Avast team
    • Official Avast Support
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 01:03:38 AM »
The way that this automatic renew thing is hidden is disgusting.
There is an account page on Avast's site with licenses and their details. THIS is where the options should be stored.
Expecting a customer to dig up a year old email because they were automatically opted into an auto-renewal process is just not customer friendly.

This is either incompetence in the usability department or an actual attempt to obfuscate the auto-renewal management in to make it difficult to leave.
Whatever the truth it doesn't look good for the company.

Autorenewal information along with correct URL and Order ID, plus password is sent to customers 30, 15, and 7 days prior to renewal. All the information is specified in that email to cancel auto renewal.

The original order confirmation "from 1 year ago" also contains the same information regarding auto renewal.

As Eddy mentioned, auto-renewal can also be disabled at the ordering stage, before you even enter your personal details and credit card information.

Furthermore, the auto renewal reminder also contains the exact date billing will take place, which is typically 5 days before the expiration of the license.

We're simply asking users to help us, help you.
Find answers to your questions via our support page

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »
I have attempted to cancel my paid subscription prior to the end of the trial, and I did not check the box for auto renewal, but I was still auto renewed...help!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
I have attempted to cancel my paid subscription prior to the end of the trial, and I did not check the box for auto renewal, but I was still auto renewed...help!
Contact avast  https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 08:23:58 AM »
With a trial there is no paid subscription.
Just revert to the free version.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB12