Author Topic: Requesting refund  (Read 15380 times)

REDACTED

Requesting refund
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
Hi, I just purchased Grimefighter, and when I try to run it, it constantly fails to connect to the Internet after it puts the PC through the sedation process.  I'm using it on my PC upstairs that connect via WiFi to a router downstairs, and usually I have no problems with my Internet connection. I've done a Google search, and lo and behold, apparently there are issues when users have a WiFi connection.  I don't mind a new product having a few problems shortly after release, and I expect this when software products are launched. However, this is a major issue that prevents people from actually using the program and renders it completely useless to them. 

When advertising the product, you failed to make this issue clear.

Therefore I would now like a full refund for £14.99.

edit: ticket sent

Many thanks. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:20:58 PM by nick_7575 »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Requesting refund
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
Hello nick_7575 and welcome, agreed this apparent limitation should be in bold block letters right up front.
The fact that SO Many People use WIFI, and are victim to this limitation makes me shake my head.

Please keep in mind the refund process takes 7-10 business days. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:08:27 PM »
Hi also bought Grimefighter, deal with subscription renewal, downloaded said it needed to restart, told me it would put computer to sleep, which it did. Took 10 hours from me then some of my sons computer friends to get back into it. They said every time I tried to restart Grimefighter was shutting down graphics card so could not access screen to do anything. They took drive out and reset and turned off/disabled Grimefighter. Will not use again due to this experience, have sent request for refund under 30 day refund guarantee and details how to remove Grimefighter in case it tries to run again. Have recieved reply with Ticket ID: EEW-973-30757 it advised I would be e-mailed with an update -none so far- and gave a link to see how ticket is progressing, requests I log in then tells me my e-mail address -where they sent e-mail to-is wrong or my password  -that let me log in here- is wrong, is it a scam and will work after 30 days and avast will tell me to late to claim.
To any moderators that can help i would appreciate it.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
Hi also bought Grimefighter, deal with subscription renewal, downloaded said it needed to restart, told me it would put computer to sleep, which it did. Took 10 hours from me then some of my sons computer friends to get back into it. They said every time I tried to restart Grimefighter was shutting down graphics card so could not access screen to do anything. They took drive out and reset and turned off/disabled Grimefighter. Will not use again due to this experience, have sent request for refund under 30 day refund guarantee and details how to remove Grimefighter in case it tries to run again. Have recieved reply with Ticket ID: EEW-973-30757 it advised I would be e-mailed with an update -none so far- and gave a link to see how ticket is progressing, requests I log in then tells me my e-mail address -where they sent e-mail to-is wrong or my password  -that let me log in here- is wrong, is it a scam and will work after 30 days and avast will tell me to late to claim.
To any moderators that can help i would appreciate it.

Hello Fatbloke.
To remove GrimeFighter is fairly straight forward.

Go to Control Panel > Programs/Features > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose the "Change" option from within Avast setup choices, Remove the checkbox option for GrimeFighter in Tools row.
Reboot.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
I bought it the other day and it shut down my wifi connection, because I don't know a lot about computers it took 2 days to get the wifi to work. how do I get a refund, or do I just uninstall avast 

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
I bought it the other day and it shut down my wifi connection, because I don't know a lot about computers it took 2 days to get the wifi to work. how do I get a refund, or do I just uninstall avast 

Please follow the simple directions in the above post if you want to uninstall GrimeFighter.
You don't need to Uninstall Avast, simply the GrimeFighter Component. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
how do I get a refund, grime fighter does not work with my WiFi

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
how do I get a refund, grime fighter does not work with my WiFi

You can Create a ticket for a Refund here:
https://support.avast.com/

Please include your name, customer number and ALL pertinent information regarding your purchase and problem.
Keep in mind the process can take 7-10 business days (2 weeks) :)

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
Thank you for the guide to uninstall, schmidthouse

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
Thank you for the guide to uninstall, schmidthouse

You're welcome

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 01:07:31 AM »
Clearly there are significant problems with Grime Fighter.  I purchased about 10 days ago and have been totally unsuccessful in getting it to install.  I have also been totally unsuccessful in getting a response from the Avast Technical Support group, despite sending two messages requesting assistance.  Given the posts above, I would like to receive, from Avast, either details on how to overcome my problem or instructions on how to request a refund. I note a link to Avast Support above regarding refunds - given the total lack of response I have had from Avast Support, I don't hold out much hope of any success there.  And might I suggest that Grime Fighter be withdrawn until these issues are overcome. This recent experience has destroyed several years of trust and satisfaction with Avast products.  Remember, it takes 10 good recommendations to counter 1 negative one.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
I am having the same issue with it connecting to sedate the pc after restart, I submitted a ticket for this on 9-3-14, the day of purchase and am still waiting for a response to that. A few days ago I requested a refund via support online, still nothing.  I called into tech support this morning and they said my entire system is too messed up, they will advance me to a higher tier of support and they would call me back to tell me how much it would cost me to fix my computer. 

At this point all I want is my money back.  I was told I would have to call customer service for that.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 05:40:05 PM »
I am having the same issue with it connecting to sedate the pc after restart, I submitted a ticket for this on 9-3-14, the day of purchase and am still waiting for a response to that. A few days ago I requested a refund via support online, still nothing.  I called into tech support this morning and they said my entire system is too messed up, they will advance me to a higher tier of support and they would call me back to tell me how much it would cost me to fix my computer. 

At this point all I want is my money back.  I was told I would have to call customer service for that.

Hello and welcome.
Did you submit a Ticket SPECIFICALLY for a Refund or was it a support ticket?

You can post your Ticket Number here as other users have done, in hopes of Avast Team Member helping from this end.  :)
Also don't pay anything to online support techs.
If you are using WIFI there are known issues with inconsistent connection support.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 06:16:30 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
cant send ticket cause you say my user name is not in the system, yet I got email from u with same email I gave u. helenc3831@aol.com. this is very annoying! I want a refund,havent been able to use grimefighter since i got it. dont have Wifi, am 76 yrs.old not computer expert so please give me refund. have order #15368770742. thank you
                                                                                                            Helen Casciano :(

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 12:15:36 AM »
Hello helenc3831 and welcome.

I have contacted someone who may be able to assist you, it could take a bit of time.

Also, you might want to remove your email address (edit out) as this could attrack a lot of SPAM. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:24:56 AM by schmidthouse »