Author Topic: Restore app does not work  (Read 7412 times)

REDACTED

Restore app does not work
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:46:07 AM »
hello,
I purchased the premium version of avast to perform backup/restore application, with regard to the backup I have no problems but when I restore an application continue to have this problem:
"Cannot create directory / storage/emulated/0/ AVAST_Restore"

I can restore the apps but I lose all data/saves

ps I have a rooted nexus 5 v4.4.4

REDACTED

Re: Restore app does not work
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
Was this ever resolved for you? I am having the very same issue..

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »
The app should be stored in the dedicated storage - this issue seems to be something from system - avast can not create new folder on SD card - is it unlocked or mounted as RW?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 04:49:55 PM »
I have the same problem. The restore does not write to the physical SD card, so being locked or unlocked is not an issue. The directory tree is fully R/W and the device (Motorola G, Android 4.4.1) is fully rooted. I am desperately trying to restore some data to a program after a factory wipe. Can anybody help?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
Depends if avast has the rights to create the directory.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
I have the same problem after flashing new ROM.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 04:48:35 AM »
Okay... I want to actually help you guys fix this issue...

Here is the debug logs:

W/AvastBackup(13503): Can't access external storage: /mnt/shell/emulated
W/AvastBackup(13503): java.io.IOException: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:941)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.generic.util.am.b(SdCardFinder.java:251)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.generic.util.am.b(SdCardFinder.java:77)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.genericbackup.d.e.a(FileRestoreService.java:344)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.genericbackup.service.b.p.a(RunRestoreTask.java:595)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.genericbackup.service.b.p.a(RunRestoreTask.java:484)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.genericbackup.service.b.p.a(RunRestoreTask.java:315)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at com.avast.android.generic.i.m.run(Task.java:43)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
W/AvastBackup(13503): Caused by: android.system.ErrnoException: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at libcore.io.Posix.open(Native Method)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.open(BlockGuardOs.java:186)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:934)
W/AvastBackup(13503):    ... 8 more

Seems you are facing FileNotFoundException coz you are opening and closing the FileOutputStream too frequently.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:12:39 AM by nik8768776 »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »
Depends if avast has the rights to create the directory.

I found out that while restoring each app individually everything is okay. But while selecting more than one app to be restored the second app will fail with the message shown above.

On further digging around I realized that the directory /storage/emulated/0/Avast_Restore is created temporarily while each App is restored and is destroyed afterwards. I believe you are hitting blunt here. After the first app is restored and before the above mentioned directory is destroyed, you are trying to create the same directory again for the second app in list!!!!.. It will not work and will result in the above mentioned error... Seems like you are running a seperate thread for each app restoration????.... hence this conflict?...