Author Topic: So close but no cleaning...  (Read 2835 times)

Offline dracata

So close but no cleaning...
« on: September 12, 2014, 07:22:28 AM »
I've trusted Avast for years now and this has been tempting me so I'm trying it.  Unfortunately, I've made it through the whole process with 115 karma  ::) and then it asked to clean my system and there is a button for advanced options.  Unfortunately the whole process took many hours so it might have been sitting here for a bit but when I try to press any buttons nothing happens, the cursor still moves so it's not totally frozen but I can't even click on the options menu, internet browser, close button, the bottom right advanced options or anything.  I've even tried clicking and just leaving it to see if there is no feedback to it processing 115 karma worth of junk but nope it's seems stuck.  I've tried this three times now, twice I've gotten then, the 2nd time it got stuck on a wierd screen which looked like it had already started cleaning maybe but froze up.  I want this to work and I'm not giving up on you, it looks awesome and helpful and I'm sure if I can get it to work one time it'll be smoother further times.

Here is my system spec if it will help:
OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description    Not Available
OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer   System manufacturer
System Model   System Product Name
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. 0705, 4/9/2009
SMBIOS Version   2.5
Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale   United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Time Zone   Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   5.99 GB
Available Physical Memory   3.10 GB
Total Virtual Memory   10.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory   7.43 GB
Page File Space   4.60 GB

Is there anything I can do to try and help this process work?

If needed I can Skype or something to help try to troubleshoot as a developer myself.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 07:25:42 AM by dracata »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: So close but no cleaning...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »
Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.  I've passed this to our Dev team just now.  Hopefully they'll be able to pinpoint the issue and suggest a fix.

Regards

Offline dracata

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:22 PM »
Ok, good news bad news.  I gave this another try and it seems you split up the clean up which is good.  I got the first clean up part done and then it froze on the second part when I tried to review it.  At least I've gotten a partial cleaning done...

Edit:  I noticed I for some reason still have the 2014.9.X version of avast(no update alert?), I'm updating so maybe that will help.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:32:10 PM by dracata »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »
Hi dracata,

We just released a new version of GrimeFighter with the lastest Avast program update (about a week ago) please do the program update and try to run GrimeFighter again.

It would be great if you could post back here and let me know how it worked.

Thanks,

Davidek