Author Topic: Is Avast 2015 going to support and be compatible with new Windows 8.1 Update 2?  (Read 5280 times)

REDACTED

Is Avast 2015 going to support and be compatible with the new Windows 8.1 Update 2 (new patch tuesday in Aug and Sept) kernel and HAL layer?

Especially the KB2993651, KB2975719, KB2984006 and KB2989647?

They had all seems sightly modified the Win8.1 kernel and HAL.

???

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Im having no problems with the Beta 1 here on a fully updated Win 8.1 machine.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

REDACTED

Im having no problems with the Beta 1 here on a fully updated Win 8.1 machine.

I don't know, I use Intel motherboard, after these 2 months patches, my audio interface produced some audio dropouts/glitches/underruns/pops/clicks those have never ever heard in the exactly same system before the patch tuesday of Aug.

Not sure if it is related to my Avast 2014.9.0.2021 or not, and wondering would it be not compatible enough with the new Windows 8.1 Update 2 or not.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Kernel/HAL and other internal system files are modified quite frequently. These minor updates don't modify internal structures and that's why avast works correctly on these OSes. However, the problem arises with new leaked Windows OSes/Customer Preview/Beta/RCx versions, because we'd have to change our code to support these OSes (you have to manually download this OS for both platforms and compare the changes). It's worth to do this homework only for "major" releases (like CP/RC/RTM).

REDACTED

ok..... but why I can't find any beta versions in this page?
http://www.avast.com/beta

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Beta's can be found at the top of the main forum page https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=153511.0

As for windows 8.1 update 2... there is no such thing, not yet anyway.

REDACTED

just reset and fresh reinstalled my OS and all my softwares, with the latest Avast 2015, dropout sounds and audio underruns are still existed, please help...