Author Topic: AVAST 2015 Beta2 (10.0.2200)  (Read 137506 times)

Offline Rompin Raider

Re: AVAST 2015 Beta2 (10.0.2200)
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2014, 03:04:27 AM »
This beta is running pretty light on my old laptop (Win 7)...Hardened mode..(aggressive) and PUP's on.  Nice job Avast.
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

REDACTED

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
HI I just wanted to give some feedback on avast Beta2 free if I may.  I must say that avast free Beta 2 has been very stable on my Windows Vista home Basic system this far with no problems at all except for not being able to login through facebook through the account tab witch is on the main page of avast free Beta 2.  For some reason when I put my password in the blank space below my email address and push the login button I get a message saying incorrect password try again.  I did try this for a second time and still I could not login to facebook going through the account tab on the main UI of avast free Beta 2.

Hope this gets fixed real soon avast have a good rest of your week

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
HI I just wanted to give some feedback on avast Beta2 free if I may.  I must say that avast free Beta 2 has been very stable on my Windows Vista home Basic system this far with no problems at all except for not being able to login through facebook through the account tab witch is on the main page of avast free Beta 2.  For some reason when I put my password in the blank space below my email address and push the login button I get a message saying incorrect password try again.  I did try this for a second time and still I could not login to facebook going through the account tab on the main UI of avast free Beta 2.

Hope this gets fixed real soon avast have a good rest of your week

Hi, r u able to login in my.avast account on a my.avast.com web page with your FB account? Looks it works on our site.

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2014, 10:06:08 AM »
An excellent job from Avast Team to bring a new feature called Home Network Security to all of it's Avast products that detects the user's home internet router/modem and connections making sure it's secured. In this DNA age every security products should have this. Couple of weeks ago here in New Zealand had a massive DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Attack that came from all over overseas. Bottom line an ISP company blamed customers who didn't have up-to-date modem (old 3rd party modems) that the attackers had gained easy access to their modem and installed malicious softwares and etc malwares without the user's knowledge along with out-dated antimalware security software they had in their computers and the malicious software and malwares had distributed throughout the ISP network. Causing slow connections/ no connections to all customers. This continued for around 1 1/2 weeks. Currently everything is ok now!

Thanks you heaps Avast for bringing up this new feature  :)

Thanks, this is what is HNS intended to be used for.

There is great feedback for NG here, can you guys also try Home Network Security - avast! UI | scan | scan for network problems a share your opinion...

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »
This is still not fixed:
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
@ hectic-mmv

The "home network scan" seems to work. At least my network doesn't have any issues.
It also shows how many devices are facing the internet. Due to identifiers I did not show them.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2014, 08:40:30 PM »
Since installing this beta, ive had loads of issues, ive uninstalled ...completely removed it but its screwed up my OS, especially networking, media centre cant update anymore it cant reach the remote server, plus ....my system is lightning fast again like it should be, even malwarebytes premium doesn't slow my system down like avast premier does, is there any plans to to make avast have less of an impact on performance and to stop it breaking networking when you don't want it anymore?. My system isn't a slow one either, and for avast to slow it down is nuts.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:45:16 PM by boe323 »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2014, 10:52:49 PM »
Since installing this beta, ive had loads of issues, ive uninstalled ...completely removed it but its screwed up my OS, especially networking, media centre cant update anymore it cant reach the remote server, plus ....my system is lightning fast again like it should be, even malwarebytes premium doesn't slow my system down like avast premier does, is there any plans to to make avast have less of an impact on performance and to stop it breaking networking when you don't want it anymore?. My system isn't a slow one either, and for avast to slow it down is nuts.
I'm not having any of these problems and I don't see a bunch of reports of others having these problems. This is probably system specific. You may want to have a look at other security apps that are on your system now and in the past to see if there could be some incompatibility. Including firewalls.

Was this a clean install or did you install over the top of Premier?

You might want to discuss this in your own topic so it doesn't get buried in this one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:09:17 PM by Charyb »

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
An excellent job from Avast Team to bring a new feature called Home Network Security to all of it's Avast products that detects the user's home internet router/modem and connections making sure it's secured. In this DNA age every security products should have this. Couple of weeks ago here in New Zealand had a massive DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) Attack that came from all over overseas. Bottom line an ISP company blamed customers who didn't have up-to-date modem (old 3rd party modems) that the attackers had gained easy access to their modem and installed malicious softwares and etc malwares without the user's knowledge along with out-dated antimalware security software they had in their computers and the malicious software and malwares had distributed throughout the ISP network. Causing slow connections/ no connections to all customers. This continued for around 1 1/2 weeks. Currently everything is ok now!

Thanks you heaps Avast for bringing up this new feature  :)

Thanks, this is what is HNS intended to be used for.

There is great feedback for NG here, can you guys also try Home Network Security - avast! UI | scan | scan for network problems a share your opinion...

Thanks very much hectic-mmv. I don't test beta programs at all because the risk of my laptop becoming unusable. Once 2015 final comes out. I will share my opinion about the Home Network Security and give feedback. Thanks.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2014, 02:54:14 AM »
I'm not having any of these problems and I don't see a bunch of reports of others having these problems. This is probably system specific. You may want to have a look at other security apps that are on your system now and in the past to see if there could be some incompatibility. Including firewalls.

Was this a clean install or did you install over the top of Premier?
I tried it on top of 2014 first, then uninstalled and tried, ididnt have any other security apart from built in stuff of windows 8.1 64bit, I never realised how much of a slow down avast is until I uninstalled it, my games loaded in half the time, web pages are now instant, even on first opening, avast premier replaces files on installation which I think is the cause of the networking issues when you remove it.
You might want to discuss this in your own topic so it doesn't get buried in this one.

REDACTED

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2014, 06:44:34 AM »
i installed avast internet security beta 2 on anew windows and it slow down my pc very much and start up is really slow i hope to make it more light in my computer has 4 gb ram and processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and avast is really slow on my system
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:46:10 AM by Tefa »

Offline Sarah-T

• Avast team
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Hello,

It's impossible to participate to the beta test if you are using Windows XP Service Pack 1. Are you aware of this issue? Thanks.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
It's impossible to participate to the beta test if you are using Windows XP Service Pack 1. Are you aware of this issue? Thanks.
@Sarah-T: Yes, please upgrade to XP SP2 or SP3. This is minimum OS requirement for avast! antivirus.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2014, 08:04:27 PM »
Avast 2015 Beta 2 Test video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeCFFtLlOko
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
Avast 2015 Beta 2 Test video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeCFFtLlOko

Once again, the opening topic states:
Note: In this beta build, not all detections are 100% operable yet, so I wouldn't recommend using the new DeepScreen for detection testing for now. It will be 100% operable in the next couple of weeks - we will certainly let you know when is the good time to start testing with your malware collections

This has been mentioned before and you make a video of the beta anyway and haven't left any details of what avast mentioned in the opening topic.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:21:24 PM by Charyb »