Author Topic: Overheating while running Grimefighter  (Read 2838 times)

REDACTED

Overheating while running Grimefighter
« on: September 22, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »
Hello!
I downloaded Grimefighter about a month ago, and have been trying to get it to work, with little luck.  Now, my computer is overheating, and I have to reboot frequently as my task bar becomes unresponsive.  When I run Grimefighter (Windows 7- Home edition), I get to the reboot part.  I reboot my computer, and get the sedating message.  Then, about 2 minutes after the computer is "sedated" it does an emergency shutdown for overheating (I do not hear the fan running at ALL during this).  I wait a few minutes, restart the computer, and it gives me the notice that it shut down due to extreme temps, and offers to start up in safe mode.  If I start windows back up normally, it starts right up, everything loads as normal, with no sign of Grimefighter.  After a few hours, though, the system starts to bog down, and I end up having to reboot, again.  I have searched the forum, and I can't find anyone else mentioning this same problem (overheating).  Any suggestions??

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Overheating while running Grimefighter
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »
Hi and welcome;
You can open a 'support ticket' Here: https://support.avast.com/
Explain your issue in detail, if a solution is not reached you can request a refund through the same support ticket process.
Please keep in mind that this process in a slow one, it can take 7-10 Buisness Days (2 weeks) if there are no backlogs of support requests. Don't submit numerous tickets as this only impedes the process further. :)

If you want to uninstall GrimeFighter go to Control Panel> Programs/features> Choose Avast> Uninstall/Change then scroll to "Change" in Avast Setup options> Untick Grimefighter under TOOLS then reboot.

Let me know how it goes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:43:10 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Overheating while running Grimefighter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
When was the last time you removed all dust from inside the system?