Author Topic: *Sandbox issues*- Avast! Small Office Administration - Endpoint Protection Suite  (Read 2335 times)

Offline MossElectrical

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

We have SOA set up and configured with avast! Edition: Endpoint Protection Suite.

We want to implement the auto sandbox but we have many bespoke applications which aren't classified as "safe" by avast!

I've been using the search tool on this forum and have found a couple of threads about wildcards in the auto sandbox exclusions but no exact solution.

The way our set up works is that the user will install the software from a remote server on the network. This process is being being put into the sandbox because of the setting "The file is executed from a remote/removable media"

The problem is, the remote folder where the installs are have 70+ folders (a folder for each application). I don't think creating an exclusion for every file is the only way around... I have tried "\\servername\folder\folder\*.exe" exclusion in the hope that it would exclude all .exe files within that path (including subfolders) but it just doesn't work.

Does anybody have any experience with auto sandbox exclusions?

Many thanks

Jamie