Author Topic: Location problems  (Read 2104 times)

REDACTED

Location problems
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:14:03 AM »
I posted this on the Avast Mobile security Forum on Friday and didn't get any Mod Avice so I'll try here and add a couple more issues I've found over the weekend.

A couple of questions to understand the new interface for My Account

1:once you have sent a locate command to the mobile and it comes back with the position on the map, how do you remove all the previous plots on the map? My locate map has got red spots and lines all over the place it's all very messy...... before all you had to do was go to the Anti theft tab, then the GPS tab and remove all gps data, this in the past cleared the Map.

2:When you click on a new position shown on the Locate Map, a pop up appears with some position details but it doesn't seem to show if this new position was GPS, Wifi or GSM, is this information somewhere else?

3:Can the list of Notifications be cleared?

4: I can't open the "my.avast.com" on my iPhone, all I get is the loading screen (pretty little flower on white screen turning around) been trying all weekend. Is this a problem you are aware of?

5: I managed to load "my.avast.com" on my ipad, but when I try to see the position on the Location Map the map seems to have an intermittent bug,  often the map will only show the top left hand corner of the map and 80% of the screen is blank ( this has happened  intermittently on my Ipad and  my PC)

6:if I actually manage to get the map working and I get a position that hasn't changed since the last locate search (ie the same GSM Location) the map show a blue circle with a number inside that obviously indicates the number of previous positions at this point, the problem is no matter how much you voom in on the map you can't access a little red spot or Green Tick to open the white pop up box with the GPS details.

I understand this is a Beta version and these issues may take time to solve, but could a Mod at least acknowledge this message and give any feedback

Thanks in advance

Mark

REDACTED

Re: Location problems
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »
I am having identical problems with the Map and the Locate loss of functionality. The automatic update of location of a device rarely works and has to be manually refreshed. This is a major loss of functionality from its previous version.