Author Topic: Avast Pro activation  (Read 2813 times)

REDACTED

Avast Pro activation
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:26:10 AM »
I own a license for Avast Pro Antivirus, for 3 PCs, and I am now trying to install the license on a new Windows 7 Pc, in replacement for an old one that passed away.
I have installed the software, just downloaded from avast.com, and submitted my license.avastlic file.

At this point avast starts but it shows a red flag in the system tray area, and when I start the program it says "You are not protected; avast service is not activated" (my version is not English, all the messages are my best translation for what I read).
I have two  available options:
1- "Resolve all" (this is a Button); if I press it the Windows UAC popup asks me if I allow the program to modify the computer; I press "Yes" but nothing else occours (the same panel says I am not protected)
2- "Start" (this is a link near the line "avast service is not activated"); the same UAC, the same Yes, the same "nothing else"

If I start a scan of my files a popup tell me "Impossible to start the scanning. No one ENDPOINT available in the ENDPOINT MAPPING" (upper case means the words are original, untranslated by me).

There are other odd situations;  for example:
-some services, like software updater, are disactivated, and a link suggests "enable me"; if I press the link a popup says "Connection to the service failed"
-there is an icon on the left of the Avast window that looks like a pc screen (no "alternate text" when I hover the icon); if I press it I have the possibility to add the device to my avast account. I didn't understand the advantage for doing that, but tryed: type my account email address, type the password (just reset via the "I forgot my password" procedure), type the captcha code; a popup says "It was not possible to connect your device to your avast account. Try later" (I have already tryed several times in the last hour).

At this point I guess that avast is not protecting the computer. Could anyone suggest me what to do and what to check?

I think this situation could be done to the fact that my "passed away computer" had the same license installed, and other 2 already share the same "3 pc license" (so there is no room for an additional Pc); but I have no idea on how removing that computer from the license list.

I shall appreciate any suggestion you may offer me to set avast running properly.

Than you
Anthony

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Pro activation
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
- Which version of avast! Pro..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before avast!..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »
Thank you for your interest....
This is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y460
Win 7 home premium 32 bits
Version 6.1.7600 build 7600
Avast Pro version 2014.9.0.2021
Before installing this version, the Pc had an old Avast Pro version 5.8 (not sure) that I unistalled.

Indeed this pc is not a "new" one, but has not been used in the last 18 months; I am trying to use it as an emergency unit while waiting for a replacement one.

As far as "other security software", I havn't installed anything (intentionally); windows firewall is "active", but its setting seem the same as with another Pc that works ok.

Thanks again...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »
1. Download avast! Pro Antivirus: http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
2. Follow instructions: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed avast! versions..!!)
3. Reinstall avast! with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »
I did follow your instruction and now avast looks PERFECTLY running.

Thank you!
Anthony

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
You're welcome.