Author Topic: filehippo launch error  (Read 2775 times)

REDACTED

filehippo launch error
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
I removed filehippo from my W8.1 a couple of months ago by accident, it was working well and I was pleased with the tool.
I have tried to re-install it, and the download seems to be fine, however, when I try to use it I get the message: "Launch Error 2147221164- Class not registered."
I am using Chrome as browser and other downloads seem to be working fine,...any ideas please?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: filehippo launch error
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »
I take you mean the filehippo download manager.
Try a "fresh" download and if that doesn't work you may need to contact filehippo.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:56:33 AM »
I removed filehippo from my W8.1 a couple of months ago by accident, it was working well and I was pleased with the tool.
I have tried to re-install it, and the download seems to be fine, however, when I try to use it I get the message: "Launch Error 2147221164- Class not registered."
I am using Chrome as browser and other downloads seem to be working fine,...any ideas please?
I'd try this Google link:  https://www.google.com/#q=%22Launch+Error+2147221164-+Class+not+registered%22 

See what could apply to your system as your issue may or may not relate to the filehippo downloader program, but is due to some sort of database error.  Since every system is configured differently and has different programs installed on it, only you would see something in these links that might apply to you.  All sites are safe to visit except for the last two before the last one at the bottom, according to WOT, at least on the first page.  I'd not click on these two above the last link on the first page, just to be safe(r).  Also do not click links ending with a .ru (Russia) domain link.  Hopefully you'll find something that may apply to you and from there you can find your fix.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:22:48 AM »
If you have MS Office Access installed, a repair of it should solve it.

If you don't have it installed.
What browser are you using?
Have you tried another browser (set as default)?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 02:30:35 AM »
Thanks for the input guys, I've been on holiday so couldn't read your posts sooner. Will try suggestions and see if I can fix the problem...