Author Topic: Locate page issues  (Read 7174 times)

Offline OndraM

Locate page issues
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
 Hi,

we are working on major update for the new layout, that will bring a snappier transitions, some feature tweaks, major new feature and an improved home screen.

Part of this update will be new ways to handle location, that will bring the missing features back. Please, hold on.

Tomorrow I will post new UX suggestions for the location page, so we can discuss them and meet your requirements to your full satisfaction.

Thanks for you patience.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:32:28 PM by OndraM »

REDACTED

Re: Locate page issues
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:28:11 AM »
Yes, the new interface in terms of functionality is so far very disappointing. For example, it is not possible to limit the displayed locations to one day, so all positions get shown on the map, making it virtually useless. Why couldn't you keep the previous version until the new version is at least as functional as the old one? I am seriously considering switching to an alternative solution, but I'll wait just a little bit more.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »
For me is also not good that cannot delete old locations or filter by day. You just see all complete route from the first day you activate the command. At least could be something like reset old locations after send a new command.

However,  I like too much the new UI, is faster and can be seen without problems in different devices/browsers.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:46:31 PM by Demian3 »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
For me is also not good that cannot delete old locations or filter by day. You just see all complete route from the first day you activate the command. At least could be something like reset old locations after send a new command.

However,  I like too much the new UI, is faster and can be seen without problems in different devices/browsers.

Regards

Exactly my thoughts.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 01:07:47 PM »
avast anti-theft,как удалить старые результаты поиска телефона и уведомления?
Now we can not delete old locations  on my.avast.com, it is very disappointigg ( 

The old version was better! New version is very bad (

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »
Yes!yes
The old version was better! New version is very bad

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 04:44:17 AM »
Old version may not good enough but new version is bad enough.
Avast should keep old version before completely work well new one.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »
Old version may not good enough but new version is bad enough.
Avast should keep old version before completely work well new one.

Yes!yes,

just my thoughts.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 04:36:37 AM »
Appreciate a fix soon for the filtering and deleting of old coordinates. Interface looks good. But the usr friendliness is very poor.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 11:17:38 AM »
New version is out right now, with fixes for location and notifications.....and a lot more.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
very nice indeed. Good work!
Look at filtering the locations based on date once again ..  is buggy at least when using firefox. One can not set the dates.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
very nice indeed. Good work!
Look at filtering the locations based on date once again ..  is buggy at least when using firefox. One can not set the dates.

We will check it again. There will be a series of micro updates and bug fixes during the following weeks, so it should be stabilised soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 07:00:54 AM »
The "Track Device" button is not working in the new interface, I remember that in the old one we were able to change the time between location updates, now I tried to deactivate it to change the time and can't seem to get it back to work. The "Request Location" button works like a charm, but "Track Location" simply does nothing. Please, fix that!