Author Topic: Paid for grime fighter but didn't get an activation code/license code  (Read 4320 times)

REDACTED

Hi everyone,

I bought grime fighter yesterday (and I've checked my bank to ensure that the payment
Went through) but I've not recieved a code for which to activate the programme.

Can anyone help me with this, I've sent avast a message but they've yet to get back to me and I'm doubtful they will anytime soon.

Thanks

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Paid for grime fighter but didn't get an activation code/license code
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Hi and welcome.
I'm not sure what the response time is for emailing Activation Key/code however now that you have posted, someone else may have specific time frame.
However, I would not get in a panic after only 24 hours. I've waited longer for software keys/activations over the years but it's troubling :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
I ordered it last night, had the key in less than five minutes. Just hadn't been able to get  an icon on my desktop to activate it quicker yet, have to go into my downloads. I did run it on a PC with Vista that was just about frozen. It worked like a charm. Computer running much faster. Nothing else had helped before. I was at the point of trashing the PC and buying a new one.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »
I've waited 7 days for my grimefighter license and still nothing.  Went to https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php and it said I hadn't paid for any.  But I go back to my account through their website and it shows up as my owning grimefighter with 3 uses.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »
Hello contactaxiom,

Have you tried to run GrimeFighter yet?  When you go to your MyAvast account you should enable one of the licenses, especially if it shows 3 valid licenses there.  Then you will be able to reboot into Linux and run GrimeFighter by selecting "optimize my PC"

Maybe, could you send a screenshot of your MyAvast account and the email from which you purchased GrimeFighter?  If you include that in a Support ticket and post the ticket number here I will make sure it is handled asap.

Many thanks,

Davidek