Author Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED!  (Read 3662 times)

victoria

URGENT HELP NEEDED!
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:00:40 AM »
my school has just put avast on my computer, but i have already has msn messenger on it, and now it cannot sign in, and i am wondering if this is because avast was loaded on my comp. if anyone knows how to fix this, please help! thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 05:05:32 AM »
I suppose this computer is yours, I mean, you do not use it for profit  ;)

Well, avast! could scan MSN Messenger with the IM provider.
If you disable avast! (right click the 'a' blue icon and choose the last option in the menu), could you login?

Do you use a firewall?
Are the following programs allowed to connect?
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe (avast! antivirus service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner) (allow server rights)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe (avast! e-Mail Scanner Service) (allow email rights)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashUpdSv.exe (avast! Update Service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup (avast! Update executable)
The best things in life are free.

victoria

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 05:07:43 AM »
yes it is mine, but i am not the administrator
i dont really know how to do all those things, as i dont spend much time on my computer, as i have bettter things to do, but this is really annoying me, and i want to get it fixed!
thanks
if anyone can help, please do!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 07:05:07 AM by victoria »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 12:34:37 PM »
First can you state the following
OS (xp me 98 etc)
Firewall type (za kerio sp2 etc)
Actual problem and any warnings

Spiritsongs

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 08:00:24 AM »
 :) I assume you mean the computer is owned by the school
     and they have assigned you to use this particular computer
     to do your schoolwork; correct ?

victoria

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:37:57 AM »
i fixd it, thnx 4 ur help...
bye

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 03:02:06 PM »
It would be nice if you could say what it was that you did to fix it. That may help others in the future with the same problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 12:11:47 AM »
Oh, I wish everything is that easy to fix, just like her problem... puf, problem gonne...  ::)

I have MSN messenger since it's very first edition... I also run avast! without any single problem. The onyl problem that blocks MSN is your software firewall if you don't allow your firewall to let that program connect to the net. That's the only thing that will make your MSN unable to connect... or wrong password, or possible network connection problems at that particular moment. Avast! doesn't block messenger programs at all. In a matter of fact, it even supports those programs - we have Instant messaging provider just for those programs...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s