Author Topic: Use in a non-profit organization  (Read 5822 times)

REDACTED

Use in a non-profit organization
« on: September 25, 2014, 03:04:17 PM »
Hi.
I'd like to knof if it's acceptable by policy to use Avast FREE in a non-profit organization.
I found in the TOS references to some kind of organization in the USA, but we're based in Europe so I wish to understand if we can use it without legal issues.
thanks

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Use in a non-profit organization
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
No. avast free can be used in schools but not non-profits.
Non-profits need the business edition(s). You can find them
here http://www.avast.com/en-us/business.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:39:41 AM »
Given that the OP was hoping to use the free version (which isn't possible), I suspect he is looking for standalone systems and not full blown business solutions.

So the avast Pro version would be the nearest to avast free when the non-profit organisation can't meet the Home and non-business use of the avast free terms of use.

It is also likely to less expensive than full blown business solutions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
thanks for clarification!

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »
Hi @maxxer,

avast! Free Antivirus is only for:

1) by you as an individual or members of your household solely for private noncommercial purposes or
2) by you as an educational establishment in the U.S.A. (public or non-profit educational institution/education organization - includes grades K-12 and higher, vocational/trade schools, head start programs or other entities with educational purposes under 501(c) of the IRS Publication 557 - Organization Reference Chart section) solely for your internal non-commercial purposes or
3) by you as a public library in the U.S.A. solely for your internal non-commercial purposes (whereas U.S.A. includes all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the territories of American Samoa, Guam, Marianas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) or
4) for internal support to you as a sole proprietorship or les très petites entreprises (TPE) with registered office in France. You may also make appropriate number of the backup copies of the Software but not more than ten.

But don't worry, AVAST Software has a discount program for non-profit organizations with a discount of 50% for new licenses and 65% in renewals. Contact with your nearest avast! reseller.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 03:15:11 PM »
Thanks for the in depth explanation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
Thanks for the in depth explanation.

+1
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.