Author Topic: AVAST 2015 RC  (Read 14214 times)

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
AVAST 2015 RC
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:44:29 PM »
Good news, everyone!

We have just released the release candidate of AVAST 2015 for Mac. Although there are
no new "killer features" in the 2015 Mac version, there are still some changes that you
will notice:
  • Completely new preferences that fit into the program GUI style
  • Polished GUI with some functional improvements (e.g. on demand scan exclusions)
  • Configurable updates
  • Complete integration with Avast account (My Devices)
  • And of course a lot of stability & performance changes in all components
Download
http://download.ff.avast.com/mac/beta/avast_mac_security_online.dmg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:08:40 PM by tumic »

Offline specimen9999

Re: AVAST 2015 Beta
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:27:03 AM »
Does it still require to complete uninstall the current version?
I've run avast! betas before but I'm tired of the requirements to completely uninstall the current version, forces me to review all my settings and preferences, but worst, generates new certs and I have to re-approve self-certified certs (email). I really don't see why it has to be that way.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:28:43 AM by specimen9999 »

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
Does it still require to complete uninstall the current version?

Yes, but this time for the last time :-) Starting with this version, there is a "beta channel" option, so
you get all the betas automatically, without uninstall/install required. (If enabled, you get the regular
releases like everyone else + the beta versions).

Offline joelw135

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 09:11:15 PM »
Problem with Beta with Firefox. If I have scan secured connections checked in web shield I get a constant beach ball, if I uncheck and restart Firefox no problem.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 09:06:08 PM »
Problem with Beta with Firefox. If I have scan secured connections checked in web shield I get a constant beach ball, if I uncheck and restart Firefox no problem.

Can you please generate the support package (Help -> AVAST Technical Support -> Generate Support package) and send it to my email?

Offline joelw135

Re: AVAST 2015 RC
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 07:51:02 PM »
The extension for Firefox 10.0.2202.140 refuses to install. I click update, but it updates then says restart. I restart Firefox and then the update extension window shows again. I have removed Avast 2015 and reinstalled still no joy. Any ideas on how to force the install?

P.S. I have sent diagnostic report via a ticket, I hope that helps straighten it out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:14:19 PM by joelw135 »

Offline joelw135

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »

Can you please generate the support package (Help -> AVAST Technical Support -> Generate Support package) and send it to my email?

I wanted to send you the support package for both problems but I don't have your email and there doesn't seem to be a way to attach a file on the forum. The mail problem has been corrected but the extension for Firefox is still a major problem and very annoying.

Offline joelw135

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 03:45:34 PM »
Good news, everyone!

We have just released the release candidate of AVAST 2015 for Mac. Although there are
no new "killer features" in the 2015 Mac version, there are still some changes that you
will notice:
  • Completely new preferences that fit into the program GUI style
  • Polished GUI with some functional improvements (e.g. on demand scan exclusions)
  • Configurable updates
  • Complete integration with Avast account (My Devices)
  • And of course a lot of stability & performance changes in all components
Download
http://download.ff.avast.com/mac/beta/avast_mac_security_online.dmg

New problem with 2105 I get this error when ever I try to access the Mac App store update. "The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)" If I disable the web protection "Scan secure locations"  in Avast I can get into the store without a problem. Just thought you should know.

P.S. If I disable then inable it also works sometimes
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:49:15 PM by joelw135 »

Offline joelw135

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
The extension for Firefox 10.0.2202.140 refuses to install. I click update, but it updates then says restart. I restart Firefox and then the update extension window shows again. I have removed Avast 2015 and reinstalled still no joy. Any ideas on how to force the install?

P.S. I have sent diagnostic report via a ticket, I hope that helps straighten it out.

I have tried installing the Firefox extension on three different Macs with the same version of Firefox and the extension will not install. Maybe if you send me the file I can try installing it from the file.

Offline joelw135

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »
OK found a way to install the extension.
1. Disable Avast extension
2. click search for updates
3. enable the new update
4. restart Firefox

That allowed me to install the new extension.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
I wanted to send you the support package for both problems but I don't have your email and there doesn't seem to be a way to attach a file on the forum.

My email address is in my forum profile.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »
I'm having trouble installing the RC version. I get the follow error message "Incompatible software detected: The Web Security module of Cisco AnyConnect has been detected, which is not compatible with Avast. To install the Avast product, please uninstall the incompatible module first.

Any thoughts?

Mark

REDACTED

Can't establish secure connection on Dropbox App
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 02:21:21 AM »
Avast is blocking dropbox. If the web shield is disabled, dropbox works fine.

After some test, i found a temporary solution, disable the "Scan secure connection" checkbox on the web shield settings.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »
I'm having trouble installing the RC version. I get the follow error message "Incompatible software detected: The Web Security module of Cisco AnyConnect has been detected, which is not compatible with Avast. To install the Avast product, please uninstall the incompatible module first.

Any thoughts?

Mark

Cisco AnyConnect  installs by default (opt-in in the installer) a mysterious kernel extension called "Web Security module"
that is incompatible with avast (causes non-functional network). The solution is to uninstall Cisco AnyConnect and install
it without the module (this does not limit your VPN connections in any way).

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't establish secure connection on Dropbox App
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Avast is blocking dropbox. If the web shield is disabled, dropbox works fine.

After some test, i found a temporary solution, disable the "Scan secure connection" checkbox on the web shield settings.

This is a known issue. Why dropbox can't at the moment work with HTTPS scanning enabled is described
here several times.