Author Topic: internet explorer 7 beta available for download!  (Read 16884 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: internet explorer 7 beta available for download!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »
I use '98SE and don't feel at all left out ;)
Also on XP SP2 I doubt whether I'll use IE 7 , I'm not using IE6 SP2 , so why bother :o
Even if you wanted to use IE6 SP2, you couldn't unless you upgraded XP SP1 to XP SP2.
Given the why bother comment about getting IE6 SP2, why would you not want to upgrade XP to SP2 (even if you have no intention to upgrade to IE6 SP2 or IE7), there are many exploits that have been patched and additional security improvements in XP SP2, so I can't understand why you would be happy to leave your system vulnerable?
DavidR , sorry that you misunderstood what I was saying. I was brief I know.
I have and use XP SP2. Every critical update, patch, etc.
I have IE6 SP2.
Now I am confused, first you say your not using IE6 SP2 "I'm not using IE6 SP2 , so why bother  :o" but Now you do have IE6 SP2 "I have IE6 SP2."
I use FireFox as my default browser.
 I find FireFox on my win XpSP2 system (at Home ) and  '98SE comp's (at work ) as Slaaaaap! Hihihihi put's it :
NOT-->
" letting those exploits right into your computer and even worse endangering others by letting those exploits spread around..."
As regards win98SE , my work as a charitable distibutor of refurbished "throw away" Pentium 2&3's means we install win98 SE , get the things internet ready, distribute them to charities, and people less fortunate can get online.
As  Slaaaaap! Hihihihi &  DavidR you don't HAVE to know about these facts I suppose you've overlooked them. It's great to clear this up , as some people forget that it's not what computer power you have, but what you want to do with your computer.
I don't see anywhere in my post/s that I mention anything about obsolete OSes (so I doubt I have overlooked anything), so why you drag me into your comment I have no idea.

It matters not one jot what your default browser is. IE is an integral part of your OS and is used for more than just browsing, so it is essential that you keep it up to date, regardless if you intend to use it or not.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

camelion

Re: internet explorer 7 beta available for download!
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 10:58:35 PM »
There's allways one dummy and I'm it.  Running now on IE7  scarrrrrrrrrrrry

I have used it and it worked nice although you cant use windows update online you have to stick to automatic thats why I went back to 6 and it wasnt hard to go back you just goto add/remove programs, click the show updates box unistall it then the pc reboots and when u get back its back to 6 :)