Author Topic: Suspicious file detected and blocked even with "No action" set  (Read 1605 times)

Offline bertone.giuseppe

Suspicious file detected and blocked even with "No action" set
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:39:10 AM »
Hi, I'm using Avast! Enpoint Protection Plus 8.0.1603. When I set "Show an alert when suspicious file are found" + take "No action", it works well for the first part, when suspicious files are found an alert popups, but then the access to the file is blocked in anycase. It says "action:blocked" but I expected to see "action:none" or something similar. What's wrong? It's my fault, I misunderstood the configuration?

Also, I want that when Avast! founds something (virus, bad behavior, suspicious file) it asks me what to do. I set that configuration, it works, but I only see options like "repair, delete, move to chest, block". I want to see also an "ignore" or "no action" option. How can I do that?

I usually develop in C++ and I work with variuos exe or partial files: false positives are many in my case and it is very annoying to handle each file separately. And I don't want to exclude part of the disk from the scan, first of all because maybe a virus can be actually there and even because it does not work anymore anyway if, for example, I want to create a backup of the solution and I simply copy it somewhere else.

Many thanks,
Giuseppe Bertone

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:44:07 AM by bertone.giuseppe »