Author Topic: EAC Detects Computers Deleted From AD  (Read 2012 times)

REDACTED

EAC Detects Computers Deleted From AD
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
Hi,

When I run a discovery task in the Enterprise Administration Console to find active directory computers, it detects computers that were deleted from AD or renamed, going back several weeks. Is there a way to have it discover only computer accounts that actually exist? It's very difficult to keep track of deployment to 600+ computers when there are close to 100 incorrectly named or non-existent computer accounts showing up in the Avast catalog.

Thanks!

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
Re: EAC Detects Computers Deleted From AD
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »
I have no had this issue in my environment.  Are you running the latest EAC?  Also, have you checked to make sure all of your DC's are synchronizing properly?  It could be Avast! is querying a DC that has outdated information due to a sync problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
Thank you for the response, and I'm sorry I did not see it earlier. I am running 8.0.369, which as far as I can tell is the latest version. Also, any changes made to AD in our primary DC do seem to sync properly to our backup DC without issues.

If I figure it out I'll let you know!

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 03:53:45 PM »
What are you forest and domain functional levels?  Are you using any kind of 3rd party AD management tools that might intercept the delete computer command and move/disable the account?